Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Address during OCI Application Processing Time

Hello everyone,

I am applying for an OCI card, and I'm in a problem when it comes to my address. Here's the situation

I am a student at a University, and I am going to be visiting India in December 2018. I am US citizen, and I've held a PIO card all this while, which I have to convert to OCI. I am changing my address in the US in mid August. As I was applying today, and I reached the shipping page of the OCI application, it says that the Address I provide on the government application and the proof of address must be identical. If I apply now my current address and my shipping address will be different (since it takes 2-3 months and I will be at my new address at the time or processing) so there is a mismatch of addresses. I called the CKGS and they said that I should apply in August when I move to my new apartment. I am just concerned if my OCI will be processed in time before December. Is there any workaround to this. I don't want to be in a situation where I cannot visit because the application processing isn't done in time.

In August

Originally posted by nikhil97 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am applying for an OCI card, and I'm in a problem when it comes to my address. Here's the situation

I am a student at a University, and I am going to be visiting India in December 2018. I am US citizen, and I've held a PIO card all this while, which I have to convert to OCI. I am changing my address in the US in mid August. As I was applying today, and I reached the shipping page of the OCI application, it says that the Address I provide on the government application and the proof of address must be identical. If I apply now my current address and my shipping address will be different (since it takes 2-3 months and I will be at my new address at the time or processing) so there is a mismatch of addresses. I called the CKGS and they said that I should apply in August when I move to my new apartment. I am just concerned if my OCI will be processed in time before December. Is there any workaround to this. I don't want to be in a situation where I cannot visit because the application processing isn't done in time.
    My suggestion will be to apply in August, as soon as you move in.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X