No announcement yet.

National benefit center marriage based GC getting delayed? Processing time help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National benefit center marriage based GC getting delayed? Processing time help

Hi,

We applied for marriage based Greencard (I-765, I-485, I-131, I-131 applied altogether, see below for timeline and more info) as my husband is a US citizen. I got my Biometric fingerprinting done in Oakland, California on April-4th and it is almost 3 months and we have not gotten any interview appointment information. Since April, the update on USCIS case-status website has been - "As of April 24, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number , for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.".

Current messages on USCIS website for the following applications are:
    a) I-765 (Application to Register Permanent Residence): As of April 11, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number , at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you.

b) I-485 (Application for Employment Authorization): As of April 24, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

c) I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative): Application is in process

d) I-131 (Application for travel document): Application is in process

QUESTIONS:
    1) Is there anyone in similar situation as we are here? if so, could you please share your timeline and experience?

2) How long does it take these days for them to schedule an appointment for the interview from the time the above message is shown in the case-status USCIS website or biometric appointment?

3) Is there a difference between sending application to National benefit center VS California center? Our lawyer decided to send our application to 'National benefits center' for some reason and now we think that might have been a mistake.

4) We had an RFI as our lawyer (yes bad experience!) did not send a form (I-130A) along with our application. Could this RFI delay my processing times even more? Does my application go back in the line from where it was?

5) How long it would take us to get EAD and GC? My current visa expires mid-2019. I hope I get Employment authorization / authorization to remain with my family here before that :-/

Our processing timeline has been the following:
    Feb 26 2018:Sent Applications ?I-765, I-485, I-130 & I-131? to USCIS.
    March 16: USCIS received our applications
    March 26: Received Biometric appointment notice.
    April 4: Biometric appointment
    April 5: RFI for form I-130A
    April 15: Sent RFI I-130A form to USCIS
    May 24: Request for update sent to USCIS since the website says I they have been scheduling our interview since April 24th.

Thank you for considering to respond. Any information would help.

Thanks,
    SR

2) How long does it take these days for them to schedule an appointment for the interview from the time the above message is shown in the case-status USCIS website or biometric appointment?

You can check the processing times in this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
    The first number is the 50% of the cases, the 2nd number is the worst case

4) We had an RFI as our lawyer (yes bad experience!) did not send a form (I-130A) along with our application. Could this RFI delay my processing times even more? Does my application go back in the line from where it was?

Any RFE delay all the applications till they get and file the documents, could take around to weeks to be processed.

5) How long it would take us to get EAD and GC? My current visa expires mid-2019. I hope I get Employment authorization / authorization to remain with my family here before that :-/

The EAD minimum 5 months from the beginning of the process, GC follow the times on the USCIS web site.

But, some people were lucky and got everything in 3-4 months. Hopefully you get news soon.

-----
    C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765)
    National Benefits Letter
    10/27/2017 PD
    11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
    11/17/2017 Biometrics letter
    12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
    02/XX/2018 1st online inquiry about I-765 (nothing happen)
    03/14/2018 2nd inquiry by phone (telling me to wait 15 days to get an answer)
    03/30/2017 Info pass (telling that the I765 is taking 5 months not 3
    04/04/2018 email telling that they going to take an action in 60 days (nothing happen after those 60 days)
    05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
    06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
    06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
    06/28/2018 Infopass (2nd security check up previews EAD approval)
    C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
    10/27/2017 PD
    11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
    12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
    05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
    06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
    06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
    07/08/2018 EAD card in production
    07/16/2018 EAD in hand
    07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
    09/06/2018 Interview
    09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

I would strongly suggest you redact your case numbers, you really don't want to make these publicly available. ANYONE can check the status of your cases using USCIS online tools with these numbers.

Also, the paperwork has to be sent to a particular address. That is not at the discretion of whoever is filing the paperwork, but based solely on the type of case you are filing.
      Last edited by S_R_E; 07-04-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Oops and there is not Edit/ Delete feature. Thank you for the catch.
        Can't believe this (my mistake and website not letting to edit) !!!

Originally posted by snerk View Post
        Hi,

We applied for marriage based Greencard (I-765, I-485, I-131, I-131 applied altogether, see below for timeline and more info) as my husband is a US citizen. I got my Biometric fingerprinting done in Oakland, California on April-4th and it is almost 3 months and we have not gotten any interview appointment information. Since April, the update on USCIS case-status website has been - "As of April 24, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number , for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.".

Current messages on USCIS website for the following applications are:
        a) I-765 (Application to Register Permanent Residence): As of April 11, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number , at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you.

b) I-485 (Application for Employment Authorization): As of April 24, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number , for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

c) I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative): Application is in process

d) I-131 (Application for travel document): Application is in process

QUESTIONS:
        1) Is there anyone in similar situation as we are here? if so, could you please share your timeline and experience?

3) Is there a difference between sending application to National benefit center VS California center? Our lawyer decided to send our application to 'National benefits center' for some reason and now we think that might have been a mistake.

Our processing timeline has been the following:
        Feb 26 2018:Sent Applications ?I-765, I-485, I-130 & I-131? to USCIS.
        March 16: USCIS received our applications
        March 26: Received Biometric appointment notice.
        April 4: Biometric appointment
        April 5: RFI for form I-130A
        April 15: Sent RFI I-130A form to USCIS
        May 24: Request for update sent to USCIS since the website says I they have been scheduling our interview since April 24th.

Thank you for considering to respond. Any information would help.

Thanks,
        SR
        Originally posted by S_R_E View Post
        I would strongly suggest you redact your case numbers, you really don't want to make these publicly available. ANYONE can check the status of your cases using USCIS online tools with these numbers.

Also, the paperwork has to be sent to a particular address. That is not at the discretion of whoever is filing the paperwork, but based solely on the type of case you are filing.

Comment

Deleting/ Editing my post - hard way around.

I accidentally put my personal info in a thread here in immihelp website and I fearfully discovered that there is no EDT/ DELETE option in the forum. I even can't delete my account in this website. Finally after several emails to "[email protected]" explaining my situation and putting a help request message through "contact us" link on the bottom of this page, I received an email from the administrator stating that they removed my personal info from my thread without deleting the thread/post itself. That was nice but all this mental trauma could have been avoided by just simply having an option to EDT/ DELETE a post in the discussion forum by the owner themselves.

Originally posted by S_R_E View Post

Comment

I accidentally put my personal info in a thread here in immihelp website and I fearfully discovered that there is no EDT/ DELETE option in the forum. I even can't delete my account in this website. Finally after several emails to "[email protected]" explaining my situation and putting a help request message through "contact us" link on the bottom of this page, I received an email from the administrator stating that they removed my personal info from my thread without deleting the thread/post itself. That was nice but all this mental trauma could have been avoided by just simply having an option to EDT/ DELETE a post in the discussion forum by the owner themselves.
            I totally agree that there should at least be edit button.

On a brighter note, I received my EAD approval today.
            PD 6/7/2016
            F2A
            Applied 10/10/2017
            It took all of 9 months to get EAD.

Comment

I received EAD and Advanced parole approval notice and EAD card shipment notice last week (7/19/18).
              Total = March-16-2018 to July-19-2018: 4 months. Not bad. By the time we get the EAD card, it will be 5 months since PD.
              Waiting for the interview scheduled that is taking for ever !

Originally posted by NjGCseeker View Post
              I totally agree that there should at least be edit button.

On a brighter note, I received my EAD approval today.
              PD 6/7/2016
              F2A
              Applied 10/10/2017
              It took all of 9 months to get EAD.

Comment

there is an edit button on the bottom righthand corner next to where it says reply with quote but you have to be logged in and it has to be your post it can't be someone else'sClick image for larger version

Name:	edit post screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	590813
                Last edited by krypton9591; 07-23-2018, 08:27 PM.
                This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Thank you for taking the pain to insert image and help.
                  There is no "Edit" button in my view (after login in). Maybe there is some glitch in there website that allows only some cases to be edited?
                  Hope the admin is able to see this post
                  After posting this reply i see that I can edit this particular reply/ response to my reply but not my own original thread yet.
                  Anyway the admin helped me delete the personal info from my thread. But wish it was not this complicated.

-------X-------X-------X--------X-------X----------X---------X---------X-----------X----------X---------X---------X-------------X---------------X--------------X------------X--

Please see image below to see how I view it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	590827

-------X-------X-------X--------X-------X----------X---------X---------X-----------X----------X---------X---------X-------------X---------------X--------------X------------X--

Reply to:
                  Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
                  there is an edit button on the bottom righthand corner next to where it says reply with quote but you have to be logged in and it has to be your post it can't be someone else's[ATTACH]1283[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by snerk; 08-06-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X