US citizen being relocated back to US by employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen being relocated back to US by employer

I am an US citizen and will be relocated back to US soon by my employer, however we will need to file I-130 for my wife's green card. Is there any way to speed up the process to avoid being apart for over a year?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by HYFwangsta View Post
    I am an US citizen and will be relocated back to US soon by my employer, however we will need to file I-130 for my wife's green card. Is there any way to speed up the process to avoid being apart for over a year?

Thanks!!
    If you have been residing abroad for a long time and you are in a country with a USCIS international office, you can file the I-130 directly with that office rather than with USCIS in the US, which will make it faster.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no USCIS office in Taiwan. I will be moving back to the US next month by my employer and we will file the i-130 before I leave Taiwan.

two questions:

1. How long does the process usually takes now for her to get her green card? I have heard its much longer now?
      2. She has a valid ESTA that expires in Nov 2019, will she have problems visiting me in the US?

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X