Certificate Issued but waiting for Court Order of Name Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate Issued but waiting for Court Order of Name Change

My wife received her Naturalization Certificate at a judicial swearing-in ceremony yesterday. She applied for and was approved a name change as part of the N-400 application/interview process. Her certificate does show her NEW name but she was told that the court order for name change must still be processed and will be mailed to her in approx. 2 weeks or so. My understanding was that both documents would be issued yesterday but that did not happen. My concern now is that for a couple of weeks she still has all of her legal IDs in her old name & status as a green card holder, but it appears none of those can be changed without the name change court order. So she is now a US citizen with a certificate that reflects a different name. Makes me a little nervous in case something happened where she had to prove identity and status.

Has anyone else been in this situation and, if so, did you have any problems?
    Last edited by oldies1057; 06-30-2018, 02:22 PM.

Name change during interview

Hi! Did they asked you for 2 passport size photos during the naturalization interview ? And did you have to sing the photos ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X