i-864 form household size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-864 form household size

Hello I had a question on how my joint sponsor should fill out his household size on the i-864 based on his situation.
    in his household is as follows
    Sponsor. his wife. his son. ... and he is sponsoring my wife... and my stepdaughter and both have their own i-130 petition and are immigrating at the same time.
    it states they should not be counted more than once and on THIS affidavit ...the terminology is kinda tricky and maybe Im over thinking it. I'm not sure how strict the NVC is on this part.

on part 3 item #29 page 3.... it says includes principle immigrant in part 2
    additional information: DO NOT count the principle immigrant if you are only sponsoring family members entering more than 6 months after the principle immigrant.

can I please get some help on this.
    thank you

Originally posted by Mountaineer81 View Post
    Hello I had a question on how my joint sponsor should fill out his household size on the i-864 based on his situation.
    in his household is as follows
    Sponsor. his wife. his son. ... and he is sponsoring my wife... and my stepdaughter and both have their own i-130 petition and are immigrating at the same time.
    it states they should not be counted more than once and on THIS affidavit ...the terminology is kinda tricky and maybe Im over thinking it. I'm not sure how strict the NVC is on this part.

on part 3 item #29 page 3.... it says includes principle immigrant in part 2
    additional information: DO NOT count the principle immigrant if you are only sponsoring family members entering more than 6 months after the principle immigrant.

can I please get some help on this.
    thank you
    There are two separate I-130 petitions so there are two separate I-864 Affidavits of Support, one for each petition. The joint sponsor will fill out two I-864s, one for your wife and one for your stepdaughter. Each I-864 will have only 1 immigrant on it (Part 3 will have #1 checked, and nothing on #2-28, and a total of "1" on #29). Each I-864 will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (spouse) + 1 (dependent child) for a total of 4.

Note that you will also need to fill out two separate I-864s, each one having only 1 immigrant. The I-864 for your stepdaughter will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (spouse) = 3. The I-864 for your wife will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (dependent child) = 3. (I am not sure whether your stepdaughter counts as a dependent child in this case, but it doesn't hurt to count her.)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      There are two separate I-130 petitions so there are two separate I-864 Affidavits of Support, one for each petition. The joint sponsor will fill out two I-864s, one for your wife and one for your stepdaughter. Each I-864 will have only 1 immigrant on it (Part 3 will have #1 checked, and nothing on #2-28, and a total of "1" on #29). Each I-864 will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (spouse) + 1 (dependent child) for a total of 4.

Note that you will also need to fill out two separate I-864s, each one having only 1 immigrant. The I-864 for your stepdaughter will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (spouse) = 3. The I-864 for your wife will have a household size of 1 (persons sponsored) + 1 (self) + 1 (dependent child) = 3. (I am not sure whether your stepdaughter counts as a dependent child in this case, but it doesn't hurt to count her.)
      ok thank you ... Is the NVC picky about the right answer if it wouldn't matter financially to the sponsor?
      The auto fill information in from the visa processing site I'm going through is saying 2 for #29 but I really dont trust it. so needed a second opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X