Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eb3 - progressive experience (on job experience)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eb3 - progressive experience (on job experience)

Hi All,

I need help. A little background about my situation. I graduated in 2012, and worked for Company A for 3 years and 9 months (part-time), and current company for 2 years (full time). I am a Tax Accountant and also a CPA.

My Perm was filed in April with EB-3. Labor certification requires bachelor degree in accounting and 12 months experience, and job duties of tax accountant as the offered position. Although I feel that I have met the experience, but my current immigration attorney told me that I can't use on the job experience. My issue is that I still can't get the experience letter from previous employer. I only have a travel document from my previous employer verifying my employment back in 2015.

I have B.S in accounting, almost 4 years working as staff accountant, and 2 years working as tax accountant naturally progressing to senior level. I also have CPA certification and CFE certification. These certifications require 2 years of accounting experience, but I don't know how to proof that in a letter.

I am beyond frustrated thinking that I can't prove the 12 months experience listed on the labor certification if I can't use my current job experience. My current employer is very supportive, and they can provide me experience letter, but I just can't get the letter from previous employer. Do you think I have a strong case for approval?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!
    EB-3 APPLICANT
    04/30/18 PERM filed
    10/23/18 I-140 filed
    11/26/18 I-140 approved
    02/21/19 I-485, I-765, I-131 filed
    03/21/19 Biometrics interview
    07/25/19 I-693 Courtesy letter
    08/06/19 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
    08/12/19 EAD/AP card is being produced
    08/13/19 EAD/AP was approved
    08/17/19 EAD/AP was delivered
    09/03/19 SSN card received
    09/06/19 Interview was scheduled
    10/11/19 Interview date
    10/11/19 New card is being produced
    10/17/19 Card was mailed
    10/19/19 Card was delivered

Originally posted by rwilli View Post
    Hi All,

I need help. A little background about my situation. I graduated in 2012, and worked for Company A for 3 years and 9 months (part-time), and current company for 2 years (full time). I am a Tax Accountant and also a CPA.

My Perm was filed in April with EB-3. Labor certification requires bachelor degree in accounting and 12 months experience, and job duties of tax accountant as the offered position. Although I feel that I have met the experience, but my current immigration attorney told me that I can't use on the job experience. My issue is that I still can't get the experience letter from previous employer. I only have a travel document from my previous employer verifying my employment back in 2015.

I have B.S in accounting, almost 4 years working as staff accountant, and 2 years working as tax accountant naturally progressing to senior level. I also have CPA certification and CFE certification. These certifications require 2 years of accounting experience, but I don't know how to proof that in a letter.

I am beyond frustrated thinking that I can't prove the 12 months experience listed on the labor certification if I can't use my current job experience. My current employer is very supportive, and they can provide me experience letter, but I just can't get the letter from previous employer. Do you think I have a strong case for approval?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Hi,

I can't advise on your particular case, but please read my experience, it could be useful.

For my GC application, I had to do the PERM and then i140 in EB2 category. For that, I needed confirmation of my two recent jobs, let's call companies A (older) and B (recent). The problem was that company A has been acquired by company B, so technically there is no company A anymore. Moreover, my manager quit from the company B without chances to reach him. Both companies are in my home country which makes it even harder to get any document or to reach out in person. So that made me a bit frustrated on how could I prove that expirience to officials.

I've ended up by composing a verification letter in such a way that it explains that company B is a successor of the company A, so it's eligible to verify past emloyment of guys from company A. It was on official form of company B. Then I asked another manager from company B to sign this letter. He knew me, we worked in the same divions, but different teams. The same guy signed my letter for the company B itself, so I had two letters, both from company B, signed by the same manager from company B, but one addresses my employment in company A.

Surprisingly for me, this was good enough for officials, I have my PERM in 3 month after that i140 approved and recently I got the GC. There were no questions related to employment, previous experience or anything of this type.

My point is - be creative, any kind of problem can be addressed. Good luck with you case.

Comment

Frankly speaking, I understand very well your high desire to get a good job. Everyone wants to have bright life and to be sure in the next day. If your employer is a supportive person then he will understand your problem. I think the most important is now what is written on the paper but what you represent as a professional and how good you are for the company. Also, I would recommend you to address at apmaccountants.ie and I know that this company always provides high quality help. This is an APM Accountant firm which consists of the good organized and professional team. I work in the business sphere and I always address at them if I have some issues. I think they will help you too. I wish you success with your job.
      Last edited by Princess1987; 10-30-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X