EAD processing time changes NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD processing time changes NBC

Looks like the processing time for EAD has changed from 4 to 6 months to 4.5 to 6.5 months........smh

Not a shock, expedite is the new application.

Comment

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
      What do you mean by that? I've been waiting on NBC since January and I'm losing my mind.
      How do you expedite a case?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post
        Looks like the processing time for EAD has changed from 4 to 6 months to 4.5 to 6.5 months........smh
        I know I swear they make up processing times.. I can't work without an EAD and my OPT just expired a few days ago. Currently taking some time off, but will lose my job if I can't get the new EAD in a couple of months... This is a VERY stressful situation.....
        PD - 3/2/2018
        Biometrics - sometime in April
        RFIE - 7/3
        Response to RFE received - 7/16
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
        EAD is being produced - 9/4
        Combo card in hand - 9/11
        Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
        Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
          lol so true
          This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
          122017 - PD
          012518 - Biometrics
          033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
          062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
          082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
          090418 - 2nd we scheduled
          091018 - first interview canceled
          092118 - Request to reschedule int
          102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
          030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
          040219 - We canceled your int
          040519 - Int sched
          051419 - Interview
          053119 - approved

Comment

My OPT expired a week ago. I had to stop working and now I am at home full time, the financial toll is huge!

Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
            I know I swear they make up processing times.. I can't work without an EAD and my OPT just expired a few days ago. Currently taking some time off, but will lose my job if I can't get the new EAD in a couple of months... This is a VERY stressful situation.....

Comment

Originally posted by sofia1592 View Post
              What do you mean by that? I've been waiting on NBC since January and I'm losing my mind.
              How do you expedite a case?
              What cali2018 means is that everyone is requesting expedited processing.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieMS View Post
                My OPT expired a week ago. I had to stop working and now I am at home full time, the financial toll is huge!
                same same!
                PD - 3/2/2018
                RFIE - 7/3
                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

I'm gonna take off on 08/15 as well since I know my EAD card won't come on time, and I just got rejected because USCIS made a mistake. I will lose my job as well since they can't wait for me to return.That's super sad for us, student on OPT.

Comment

Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
                    I'm gonna take off on 08/15 as well since I know my EAD card won't come on time, and I just got rejected because USCIS made a mistake. I will lose my job as well since they can't wait for me to return.That's super sad for us, student on OPT.
                    Why didi they reject you? What mistake did they make? This seems odd, and what about your i-485? Now I am nervous too....
                    PD - 3/2/2018
                    RFIE - 7/3
                    Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Please read the following, if your EAD is expired but you have applied for the renewal, your current EAD automatically gets extended for 6 months; so no need to stop working.

- - - Updated - - -

same same!
                      Please read the following, if your EAD is expired but you have applied for the renewal, your current EAD automatically gets extended for 6 months; so no need to stop working.

Comment

Why didi they reject you? What mistake did they make? This seems odd, and what about your i-485? Now I am nervous too....
                        I filed i-485, i-131 and i-765 at the same time, in the same package. my i-485 and 131 were fine, got receipts and so but the i-765 was rejected because of the wrong fee (like wtf it's free if filed with i-485)

Btw,
                        I have read the link MsGhassemi provided. My EAD is gonna expired 08/15 next month, so I still can work with an expired ead card???
                        (c)(9)

Pending Adjustment of Status under Section 245 of the Act"

Comment

I filed i-485, i-131 and i-765 at the same time, in the same package. my i-485 and 131 were fine, got receipts and so but the i-765 was rejected because of the wrong fee (like wtf it's free if filed with i-485)

Btw,
                          I have read the link MsGhassemi provided. My EAD is gonna expired 08/15 next month, so I still can work with an expired ead card???
                          (c)(9)

No, you may not work on the expired EAD.

Comment

Btw,
                            (c)(9)

The auto 6- month extension applies to our new EAD under the C(9) category not our OPT EAD, so we can't work until we get the new card unfortunately
                            PD - 3/2/2018
                            RFIE - 7/3
                            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

The auto 6- month extension applies to our new EAD under the C(9) category not our OPT EAD, so we can't work until we get the new card unfortunately
                              Sure, you could look at it that way. OR you could request to expedite based on hardship and unemployment - loss of job, etc. You could also follow up on it by reaching out to your senator

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X