Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 timeline - GC approved, interview expirience

Hello Fellows,

My application has been approved finally, so I want to share my timeline and latest experience with USCIS

06/30/17 - package of applications sent to USCIS - I131,I140,I765,I485 - adjustment of status based on employment. PERM obtained EB2 category (BAC diploma and 5+ years of experience)
    08/21/18 - notice for biometrics appointment
    08/29/18 - biometrics done in local USCIS for I765/I48a 5
    12/13/17 - EAD produced
    12/19/17 - Advanced parole approved. I had to travel internationally while my AP was pending, so it was denied and I've submitted second application. So my EAD was not a combo card and AP was on a separate receipt notice
    04/27/18 - additional biometrics for my daughter, she turned 14 after the application has been submitted
    05/02/18 - the case was transferred to another office (NBC)
    05/29/18 - interview notice received
    06/29/18 - interview conducted by the local USCIS office
    07/05/18 - approval notice received, dated by 06/29
    07/06/18 - status changed to "Card produced and picked up by a postal office for delivery"

A bit about the interview. Mine took place in a local office in Santa Clara, CA. I came with my wife and two kids. It was scheduled for 7:45 am but they asked us to come in about an hour later. Officer was a very nice lady in her sixties. She was extermely friendly and polite. We kept our junior busy by giving him a phone with cartoons, three of us including my 14 years daugther went throught the same process. After we took oath officer went over the application form and corrected some minor details - current address/phone number, date of recent visit to US etc. So it's your chance to correct anything that needs to be up to date. My medical was about to expire (a year without 4 days), so I've made a fresh one before the interview and gave it to the officer.

Then all set of security questions. Then she asked if I'm with my current employeer, at this point I've submitted my recent 4 paystubs and recent verification letter from the employeer. Basically that's it, after that we said bye politely. On all question whether application gonna be approved or not officer didn't give me an answer, just "in case of any question we'll send you official request".

I have a feeling that in my case interview was just a formality, really there was no real question that can't be checked offline (while I've imagined plenty of those before the interview ). There were no questions related to employment, education or anything like that. Another thing it - looks like they are not allowed to answer you directly about the application, but officer gave many indirect "signs" that its gonna be fine. From the notice application has been approved the same day, 06/29.

Wish luck to all who are still waiting for their GC, everything will be good.

duration

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priority dates(EB2) for us are now current as of July 1st and would like to know how long would it take to get the green card mailed out. I do have my EAD card and Advance Parole as the priority dates were current back in 2014.
    Last edited by ag.apart79; 07-16-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X