Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card re entry and some other confusions..plz help

Hello Guys,

Here is my case, I got married in 2014. It's 2nd marriage for my wife and myself also. My wife's first marriage happened in 2009 and she went to US in 2011 to join her husband. She got green card in 2012. Then they got separated and due to some issues. She was working in US till 2014. She came to India in 2014 and we got married. Then she never went to US again. Her green card is valid till 2022.
    Now I am working in an MNC in Delhi and they are offering me a job in our US office and offering me H1B visa. I am so unclear, how my wife will go along with me. Does her old green card will be of any help or she has to surrender it back and apply new visa along with me. Please suggest correct way.

Thanks

Originally posted by Jalotranitin View Post
    Hello Guys,

Here is my case, I got married in 2014. It's 2nd marriage for my wife and myself also. My wife's first marriage happened in 2009 and she went to US in 2011 to join her husband. She got green card in 2012. Then they got separated and due to some issues. She was working in US till 2014. She came to India in 2014 and we got married. Then she never went to US again. Her green card is valid till 2022.
    Now I am working in an MNC in Delhi and they are offering me a job in our US office and offering me H1B visa. I am so unclear, how my wife will go along with me. Does her old green card will be of any help or she has to surrender it back and apply new visa along with me. Please suggest correct way.

Thanks
    with your current wife being out of the USA for more than 2 years now, the green card is as good as dead. It wont help her enter the USA.

Best if she has your H1B dependent visa. Surrender the GC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X