Criteria/Waiting list for family based immigration/greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criteria/Waiting list for family based immigration/greencard

If anybody falls under the F4 category of family based immigration, would the waiting time differ if the person's current nationality is different to where person was actually born? i.e Person born in India but has been living in London for more than a decade and now a british citizen.
    If India born person has to wait for approx 10/12 years, would it be any quicker if they have now settled in London and no longer Indian citizen? If so then by how much? Thanks

Originally posted by London22 View Post
    If anybody falls under the F4 category of family based immigration, would the waiting time differ if the person's current nationality is different to where person was actually born? i.e Person born in India but has been living in London for more than a decade and now a british citizen.
    If India born person has to wait for approx 10/12 years, would it be any quicker if they have now settled in London and no longer Indian citizen? If so then by how much? Thanks
    No. Current nationality or place of residence don't matter. Only country of birth matters. Now, if you are married to someone born in a different country, it's possible to use that person's country of birth if you guys are immigrating at the same time.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X