Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original US passport along with OCI application - How can I travel to India ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original US passport along with OCI application - How can I travel to India ?

I have a US passport with a Tourist Visa to India valid for 6 more months. I am trying to apply for OCI. I see that I am required to send my original US passport along with other documents and OCI application. I understand that it takes 45-60 days for OCI processing. During this time, if I need to travel to India, can I request the consulate to return my passport ?

Check the experience page

Originally posted by jvenkatrao View Post
    I have a US passport with a Tourist Visa to India valid for 6 more months. I am trying to apply for OCI. I see that I am required to send my original US passport along with other documents and OCI application. I understand that it takes 45-60 days for OCI processing. During this time, if I need to travel to India, can I request the consulate to return my passport ?
    It is there. Just have to look around. You will have to live in a passport limbo for a while, but not that long.

I have a task for you. Please follow this and post back what is the average time for return of the passport.

* Find the OCI experience webpage and OCI tracker webpage in immihelp.com
    * Identify your consulate (I guess you know this already)
    * Find the dates of submitting the application, getting the passport back and OCI for your consulate.
    * Find the recent average time for these 2.
    * Post it back in the forum.

I understand it is an uphill task for new applicants. There is a lot of information posted on the experience and the forum for OCI. Please read them to understand what is going on currently.

Comment

OCI application with the original US passport

I sent my OCI application packet with the original US passport. I got back my US passport within 3 days. That was really fast !

I am really impressed with the CKGS's service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X