Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request For Evidence Due on I-131 and I-765

Good Afternoon ALL,

So my wife got a letter from USCIS for a Request for Evidence. The following is what the letter is

" The name you provided on form I-131 and I -765 did not match what the name you have on file in our USCIS records."
    -Please provide a copy of
    -A government issued identity document (ID) such as your birth certificate
    -Your passport identity page
    -Your Visa issued by a foreign consulate, or
    -Your National ID
    "If your legal name has changed since your identity document was issued, you must also submit a copy of proof of your name change , such as your marriage certificate"

Okay, so my wife and i Got married and she is taking my last name. The thing that has us worried/scared is that all of her documents are signed in her maiden name. The marriage certificate is in her maiden name since the court said that she can change her name later. However when she came to the U.S. we didnt get her social security card since we wanted to get it with the I-765 since there was an option to obtain one with the EAD card. We already did our biometrics and she signed the documentation with her married and they had no issued as we provided the marriage certificate. So she filled the forms with her married name and under others names used we put her maiden name. We are just confused and scared because we thought we are on the right track and are doing everything correctly. Now we are feeling defeated since this is such a long wait and we dont want to have to start over because a person from the USCIS doesnt get what a marriage certificate is and that even if it is sifgned with the maiden name that you can use the surname of the husband.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What did you do? Did you sign your documents with your married name? IF so did you also get a RFE? Please any answers or suggestions help

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X