Administrative Processing normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing normal

Today, I had my interview for a new F1 visa for a PhD program which starts in August.
    I am a continuing F1 student because I did my Master's as well as one year of OPT.
    The interview was not great - I got really flustered since I was nervous and couldn't think ok a certain word.

However, the consular cut me off in the middle of a sentence and said that my visa was approved.
    After the interview, I checked the status online and it says "administrative processing".
    I started panicking and wondering whether this happened because I could not convey my points in a good manner.
    Nevertheless, I read somewhere that all approved visas go into this status after being approved and before being issues. Can someone confirm? Does someone has similar experiences?

Thank you so much for your help!

Okay so I will share my experience, I had my F1 visa on 26 June and it went really well and VO uses the word great also when I mentioned about my full ride and she told me that my visa is approved and mentioned that it should be ready for pick up the next week. I came back very happy and looked up my status that said administrative processing, I didn?t panic thinking since I was t given any 221g I should be fine and than from that day I kept on looking online on ceac website to see if I have been issued a visa or if the case has been updated but that didn?t happen either. I started searching online which contributed to more fear. After sometime on Cg federal website the place where it says your passport is with consulate changed to document delivery information and after 3 days later I was even unable to track my passport as it says the passport given has no status instead of saying it is with consulate. And today for the first time there was an update. So from June 26 to July 11 I have waited for update and just today it was updated. Now a lot of people have said that after first update and after that 48 hours visa is issued. So in short for the first time in 15 days my case has been updated and I hope the visa issued soon. I understand this AP is a horrible thing when you read about it and more you read the more hopeless and helpless you feel. But hang on you should hear in two weeks minimum if not given 221g

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X