Visitor Visa Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejected

Me and my family's tourist visa to USA was rejected recently. The interview went like this

Me, my parents and my brother were there for the interview

VO: Good Morning
    Me: Good Morning

VO: Why do you want to travel to USA?
    Me: We are going for a 7 days trip to meet my uncle

VO: What does your uncle do?
    my dad: He is a professor at YYYY university

VO: What is his visa status?
    me: he is a green card holder

VO: (To my mom, dad and brother) What do you do?
    me: Dad Told about his job, mom said she is a housewife, my brother said he is studying in college

VO: What do you do? (To me)
    me: Told about my job

VO: Sorry your visa is rejected!

We really need to visit my uncle, Can someone please tell me what went wrong?

It is really hard to say but visiting a uncle for 7 days didn't look too much convincing to the officer.

May be, you should try for tourism for a longer duration like 1 month.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

They way I see is you have 4 of you that "really need" to visit your uncle while he is just one and can easily go and visit you? It does not convince me as well. Also, he will be on vacation soon so what a great opportunity for him to visit family!!

I am sorry by the way comments above sound but this is to show you that a history can have a complete different meaning to an outsider. In case you want to visit him you should combine with tourism. When I want family to visit me, I write them an invitation letter, I explain what we will do in terms of tourism, how long they will stay, etc, I write I will be responsible for their expenses (food, housing), that I will pick up them at the airport and I give my contact information. It is a formal invitation and they have used at POE as well since they do not speak good English (better said, no English).

I never had a family member (even friends) with a denial and I always use the same standard invitation letter. Of course, none of them has ever overstayed a visa.

Comment

Can you help me please with a sample of an invitation letter you wrote? Plan to invite my family to my wedding and also might be adding up on tourism too for them when they come.
        Originally posted by sasvi View Post
        They way I see is you have 4 of you that "really need" to visit your uncle while he is just one and can easily go and visit you? It does not convince me as well. Also, he will be on vacation soon so what a great opportunity for him to visit family!!

I am sorry by the way comments above sound but this is to show you that a history can have a complete different meaning to an outsider. In case you want to visit him you should combine with tourism. When I want family to visit me, I write them an invitation letter, I explain what we will do in terms of tourism, how long they will stay, etc, I write I will be responsible for their expenses (food, housing), that I will pick up them at the airport and I give my contact information. It is a formal invitation and they have used at POE as well since they do not speak good English (better said, no English).

I never had a family member (even friends) with a denial and I always use the same standard invitation letter. Of course, none of them has ever overstayed a visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X