X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for my sister

Hi,

Please help me with this situation.

I applied B2 visa for my sister to visit us in US. I havent met her fro a long time. She really want to come and stay with me and kids for at least 2 weeks.
    we applied first time in May 2018 but it got rejected. They didnt asked any of her documents,NOC letter from her office, invitation letter, nothing.
    They asked few questions like why you want to go, are you single, what do you work, how much do you earn, have you traveled before. She answered all the questions correctly.
    her Answers:
    why you want to go - To meet my sister and roam around New York and Niagara Falls
    Are you single- Yes,
    what do you work- I work as Software Engineer in IT
    How much do you earn- Her salary per month
    Have you traveled before out of country- No

They rejected and gave her document saying you were unable to provide strong ties with your home country.

We were really not sure why they rejected. There was no reason given other than the standard document.
    we applied again in jul and she was prepared fully. She was going to sponser her own trip.
    This time again they only 3 questions: why u r going, what do u work and have u travelled before.
    They rejected again and gave the same document saying you were not able to provide any strong ties with your home country.

No i am confused what exactly do they need. she asked them if she can show any documents, they said not not required. you are npt qualified.
    If her again and being single and IT professional is the barrier, they can just say you are not qualified while submitting the DS160 form. Why they want to take the fees, make people come for interview and then reject it without giving any reason.
    They said u were not able to provide any strong ties with your country, but when they didnt ask any document or let her show anything, how she can prove anything.

This is really frustrating. I dont know if we apply again, what extra we need to do.
    Please guide if we can do somthing about it or anyone has faced similar situation.

Thanks,

I am sorry to hear what has happened but this is how it works, Single people are under more scrunity and In your case, your sister is an IT Professional. So they are more doubtful that your sister is going to give interview in US to get a IT job as it is easily available there.

I have been Denied a B2 visa first time when I wanted to go for my FIancee's graduation ceremony and given the same letter 214 B that I dont have strong ties to my country, but luckily after a month applied again and got it approved next time.

It was clearly mentioned in the green 214B form that "do not apply for visa again unless ur circumstances changed" But in my case only circumstance changed was that my Parents sponsered me 2nd time unlike first time (self sponsered)

More Important I think according to my experience, It also depends who is taking ur interview.

First time my interview was taken by a young guy and dint ask much of the question and rejected it, but 2nd time it was young girl which asked me a lot of questions like

-Why U r going
    -Is ur fiancee's US Citizen- I Said NO
    - What are your plans after marriage- We will settle in India
    - Whats ur parents do-
    _when did both families met
    -How did u met ur fiancee

These questions were more personal and finally got the visa.

Advice: Just be more confident and be expressive. When they ask you "why u want to go to US" Explain it that your sister is there and here kids and its been a long time since we met.

Tell them in detail what u gonna do, what places u gonna visit.

ALL The BEST

for more info, u cancallmeatNINEEIGHTNINENINEFIVEZEROFIVENINEEIGHTEIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by shailander.rawat1203 View Post
      I am sorry to hear what has happened but this is how it works, Single people are under more scrunity and In your case, your sister is an IT Professional. So they are more doubtful that your sister is going to give interview in US to get a IT job as it is easily available there.

I have been Denied a B2 visa first time when I wanted to go for my FIancee's graduation ceremony and given the same letter 214 B that I dont have strong ties to my country, but luckily after a month applied again and got it approved next time.

It was clearly mentioned in the green 214B form that "do not apply for visa again unless ur circumstances changed" But in my case only circumstance changed was that my Parents sponsered me 2nd time unlike first time (self sponsered)

More Important I think according to my experience, It also depends who is taking ur interview.

First time my interview was taken by a young guy and dint ask much of the question and rejected it, but 2nd time it was young girl which asked me a lot of questions like

-Why U r going
      -Is ur fiancee's US Citizen- I Said NO
      - What are your plans after marriage- We will settle in India
      - Whats ur parents do-
      _when did both families met
      -How did u met ur fiancee

These questions were more personal and finally got the visa.

Advice: Just be more confident and be expressive. When they ask you "why u want to go to US" Explain it that your sister is there and here kids and its been a long time since we met.

Tell them in detail what u gonna do, what places u gonna visit.

ALL The BEST

for more info, u cancallmeatNINEEIGHTNINENINEFIVEZEROFIVENINEEIGHTEIGHT
      Hi, don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a quick question to you regarding the sponsoring. Only thing I find in the DS-160 is who is going to pay for the trip. I don't see any question regarding the sponsoring there. Can you please share the way you showed it? Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Shailander for your response.
        my sister was very confident in giving the response as to why she wants to travel. First time we said that we are sponsering but 2nd time, she changed it to self-sponsored.
        I still dont understand the reason for rejection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X