Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel To US After K1 - Transfer Planes in Non-Schengen Country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel To US After K1 - Transfer Planes in Non-Schengen Country?

My Belarusian fiancee and I had our I-129F application approved by USCIS and she will go for her K1 visa interview in a few months.

I have begun looking at travel options for when she flies to the US after getting her K1 visa. There are no direct flights from Belarus to the US, so she will have to transfer planes along the way.

Belarus is considered to be a "high risk" country, and as such, there are certain counties that my fiancee cannot travel to (or through) without a Schengen visa - which she has. Even *with* the Schengen visa, there are country restrictions - for example, she cannot fly to the UK on her Schengen visa.

My question is this: once she also has her K1 visa, when we book her flight to the US, will she still be limited to transfer flights in Schengen countries - or does holding a K1 visa allow her to travel through (transfer) in any of the same countries that a USC could travel through?

Originally posted by rainy_daze View Post
    My Belarusian fiancee and I had our I-129F application approved by USCIS and she will go for her K1 visa interview in a few months.

I have begun looking at travel options for when she flies to the US after getting her K1 visa. There are no direct flights from Belarus to the US, so she will have to transfer planes along the way.

Belarus is considered to be a "high risk" country, and as such, there are certain counties that my fiancee cannot travel to (or through) without a Schengen visa - which she has. Even *with* the Schengen visa, there are country restrictions - for example, she cannot fly to the UK on her Schengen visa.

My question is this: once she also has her K1 visa, when we book her flight to the US, will she still be limited to transfer flights in Schengen countries - or does holding a K1 visa allow her to travel through (transfer) in any of the same countries that a USC could travel through?
    Holding a K1 won't allow her any special treatment in other countries. American law is only applicable in America. She wouldn't be a USC because she has the K1 so she isn't afforded the ability to fly with an American passport, the K1 is simply a visa used by the US immigration system to determine entry to the US. She will hold a passport from Belarus so any restrictions placed on Belarus citizens' international travel would still count.

I am not really aware of the restrictions they have for people from Belarus, but maybe someone here can offer advice on it. I hope you get it sorted though!
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X