Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 visa Administrative Processing Finally Over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa Administrative Processing Finally Over!

I had my F1 visa interview on June 26, 2018. It wasn?t the first time I was appearing for an interview for the visa so I was quite calm but a little nervous. I came for renewal but here they follow the same pattern if you apply for first time or renew so it doesn?t really matter.before that I have stayed as a J1 and came back than went as an F1 stayed two years and came back and now applied the third time. So in short my interview went well and I was informed that my visa should be ready by next week. And here is my timeline of AP
    Interview: June 26, 2018 (Approved)
    Case created: 25 June 2018
    Case update: June 26, 2018
    Case first update: July 11,2018 (still in AP)
    Case second update: July 12, 2018 (ISSUED)

So my thoughts on it is one week time although is mentioned but don?t take it as a commitment. I spent days and nights reading about AP as I was concerned and read horror stories about visa not updating for 6 months and when you email they say 60 days Admin Processing which is the same automated response. Do know that embassy is busy and I can see them extremely busy in these months. I hope it helps someone who is going through AP (not talking about 221g, that?s problematic one).
    I hope to have my passport in my hands soon. Best of luck to one and all!

Glad to hear. Your case was already approved, but they still took 2+ weeks. Case updates are really a good sign. I haven't had a case update for 12 weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by letsc View Post
      Glad to hear. Your case was already approved, but they still took 2+ weeks. Case updates are really a good sign. I haven't had a case update for 12 weeks now.
      Can I ask what type of visa have you applied for and when did you apply. Have you had any update since interview. I took 16 days/11 business days. And to be honest those 16 days were a heck of a deal and I can understand checking your status and seeing AP.

Remaining timeline:
      Interview: 26 June 2018 (visa approved)
      Case update: 26 June 2018
      First case update since interview: 11 July 2018 (still in AP)
      Second case update: 12 July 2018 (ISSUED)
      Tracking on cgi website and passport tracking on 12 July: No status update
      Passport tracking on 13 July till afternoon: No status update
      Passport tracking 13 July later afternoon: Origination scan
      Passport tracking July 13 Evening: Ready for pickup

Since it?s late Friday and pick up location is closed I will be picking it up on Monday.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X