Living at different address compared to AR-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living at different address compared to AR-11

I am renting an apartment and moving around in the same city, to avoid frequent address changes while applying for i485, I gave my friends home address who owns a home. Also submitted AR-11 with that address, I did not submit another AR-11 even after moving to another apartment, to make sure USCIS will have only one address on file. I live 10 min away from my friend.

Now 5 years passed after receiving GC, I want to file for Citizenship.

In N400 address column which address I should write? Whatever I stated in AR-11 (my friends home), or my physical address?

IRS, Banks, Utilities, Employer all have my current physical address.

Originally posted by paul4gc View Post
    I am renting an apartment and moving around in the same city, to avoid frequent address changes while applying for i485, I gave my friends home address who owns a home. Also submitted AR-11 with that address, I did not submit another AR-11 even after moving to another apartment, to make sure USCIS will have only one address on file. I live 10 min away from my friend.

Now 5 years passed after receiving GC, I want to file for Citizenship.

In N400 address column which address I should write? Whatever I stated in AR-11 (my friends home), or my physical address?

IRS, Banks, Utilities, Employer all have my current physical address.
    It is not a good idea to give the USCIS anything other than your physical address in the N400. In addition to your current address, you are required to submit addresses where you resided for the past 5 years. The form also asks that you provide the dates when you resided at those addresses. The USCIS does background checks and anything they construe as a lie could result not only in the denial of your application but more serious consequences. Therefore, I would recommend that you provide the actual addresses where you resided with the dates. If you are unsure about how to proceed then please consult a lawyer before filing. Note that I am not a lawyer and am not offering a legal opinion or advise.

Comment

Thank you YRC.

What should I do now, submit AR-11 right away and wait for 6 months or so, then file N400 ?

Comment

Originally posted by paul4gc View Post
        Thank you YRC.

What should I do now, submit AR-11 right away and wait for 6 months or so, then file N400 ?
        I would urge you to read all instructions for the N400 carefully and then decide. The N400 gives you the option to enter physical addresses and a mailing address (if it is different from the physical). But the decision to submit now or 6 months after filing an AR-11 is yours to make.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X