L1A - Trip to India with dependents in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - Trip to India with dependents in USA

Myself & dependents (wife and kid) are in USA. My visa expired few months back this year and recently, my L1A extension petition got approved .

I am planning short trip to India for important personal work. My wife is conceived and would like to stay back in USA. We are trying to figure out if I (primary applicant) alone can travel to India, where I need to get visa stamped in passport. We have below queries and any information is highly appreciated,

1) Can I (primary applicant) alone can travel to India for stamping with dependents in USA ?

2) If I travel to India this year, whether I will be eligible for drop box option as travelling with valid petition with-in 1 year of US visa getting expired ?

What all documents u submitted for L1 extension? was there any RFE?

Originally posted by praveenchil View Post
    Myself & dependents (wife and kid) are in USA. My visa expired few months back this year and recently, my L1A extension petition got approved .

I am planning short trip to India for important personal work. My wife is conceived and would like to stay back in USA. We are trying to figure out if I (primary applicant) alone can travel to India, where I need to get visa stamped in passport. We have below queries and any information is highly appreciated,

1) Can I (primary applicant) alone can travel to India for stamping with dependents in USA ?

2) If I travel to India this year, whether I will be eligible for drop box option as travelling with valid petition with-in 1 year of US visa getting expired ?

Comment

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post

No RFE. Project details, Previous L1 petitions and regular documentation like Marriage/Birth/Education certificates was submitted.

Comment

You can travel...there is no requirement to have family traveling with you.

You can stamp only your own visa. If your dependents are also renewing their L2 visas, they have to be with you in India. Young children do need to show up to interview but still have to be there - you will have to show their passport to prove they have left US with you (they can get your travel history so do not lie).

Comment

No RFE. Project details, Previous L1 petitions and regular documentation like Marriage/Birth/Education certificates was submitted.
          Hello Sasvi, Can you answer my query as well? It is long time pending

Comment

Originally posted by pankajsingh04 View Post
            Hello Sasvi, Can you answer my query as well? It is long time pending
            Where is your question?
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X