EAD very delayed even when lost of income and employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD very delayed even when lost of income and employment

Hello everybody, I am so desperate, back on March 28th 2018 I lost my job because my new Employment authorization has not been granted to me. The employment authorization was requested in June 2017 and in February 2018 I requested the expedition of it based on severe loss of income and employment. Since then I have contacted USCIS many times and I just got requested to send proof of severe loss of income, which I did, I have two kids and more dependents, my employer had to terminate me, how am I suppose to make a living? The employer is wanting me back but nothing the EAD does not come, all USCIS says is that it is being reviewed. It does not make sense that US government does this to people, it is affecting an entire family and honestly I see no reason other than just bad work from their part. Just to provide further information here I am also waiting for my status adjustment, also, my EAD does not apply for an automatic extension because the old EAD and the new requested do not have the same class and that is one of the requirements. Is anybody in the same situation? Do you have any suggestion please? The expedite request is supposed to be approved or denied in 5 days and I have not received either answer after almost 4 months. Thanks a lot, Pavel
    Last edited by reyrrob; 07-17-2018, 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

I think there are many more in this situation.
    What would be best is to reach out to:
    USCIS Ombudsman, your congressman, your senator

You can do all at once, whoever gets you the EAD first gets kudo's. Usually you wont know who did but that doesnt matter, as long as you get it.
    This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
    122017 - PD
    012518 - Biometrics
    033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
    062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
    082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
    090418 - 2nd we scheduled
    091018 - first interview canceled
    092118 - Request to reschedule int
    102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
    030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand