Removable or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removable or not

Under what circumstances, if any, would a conviction of practicing cosmetology without a license be a removable offense? Would that be considered a crime of moral turpitude? My green card is about to expire, but I?m afraid to try to renew it, thinking I?ll get arrested at my supposed ?biometrics appointment?.

By the way, I have traveled outside the country in May 2017 (about four months after the executive order on enforcement policies implemented. Upon re-entry, I was pulled aside to another area, but then was allowed to enter. Is successful entry after the executive order any indication of successful renewal of a green card? That is, would the inspectors be using the same information and criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by yuan1972 View Post
      Under what circumstances, if any, would a conviction of practicing cosmetology without a license be a removable offense? Would that be considered a crime of moral turpitude? My green card is about to expire, but I?m afraid to try to renew it, thinking I?ll get arrested at my supposed ?biometrics appointment?.
      Well legally, you were practising fraudulently, i.e. making false representation or fraud against government revenue which does fall under the moral turpitude net for sure. As for if that will hold you back, I'm not sure. I would say speak to an immigration attorney about this. Either way, if you intend to stay in the US you are going to have to renew that card anyway, but you'd be wise to get advice from an attorney to figure out your options. I doubt you'd be arrested at the appointment.

As for making a successful entry, that doesn't necessarily mean you'd be able to get a renewal.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
      4-12: Arrived in Chicago
      4-14: Picked up by USCIS
      4-19: Email & text notifications received
      4-23: I-797 Receipts received
      4-27: Biometrics notice received
      5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
      5-11: Biometrics completed
      6-04: Interview scheduled
      6-09: Received interview letter
      7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
      7-13: Card was Mailed
      7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X