F1 visa, funding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa, funding.

Hi, my i have admit from northeastern University, my i20 amount is $43000 and I have a loan sanctioned for $59000 (inr 40 lacs) , but I don't have any savings in my bank account or my father's. Would it give me trouble during visa interview? What should I do?

Originally posted by Sahilsharma View Post
    Hi, my i have admit from northeastern University, my i20 amount is $43000 and I have a loan sanctioned for $59000 (inr 40 lacs) , but I don't have any savings in my bank account or my father's. Would it give me trouble during visa interview? What should I do?
    It might but not always. Have you received any scholarships. At interview biggest question is funding and they do ask for bank statements but with a loan it should do. You can show current statements or liquid money.

Comment

Originally posted by Syeda Tahir View Post
      It might but not always. Have you received any scholarships. At interview biggest question is funding and they do ask for bank statements but with a loan it should do. You can show current statements or liquid money.
      I don't have any scholarships or savings. But my loan amount is about 1.5x times the i20. Would getting a sponsor help?

Comment

I don't have any scholarships or savings. But my loan amount is about 1.5x times the i20. Would getting a sponsor help?
        Since your loan amount is bigger than your need it should work perfectly fine but they might wanna know how will you work it out in next 3 years so they might ask does your father have a job his monthly income. Getting a sponsor will help for sure.

Comment

You should be fine. Regardless, it makes me wonder why you would be 2 to 3 times the tuition fees of state Universities to study at an expensive private University. I know the recruiters get paid big amount from private Universities and they generally push these expensive Universities. There are 4000 Universities in the US and costs and quality vary, but state Universities is where the average Americans kids go and hence tuition fees are kept low.

Comment

Originally posted by upnorth85 View Post
            You should be fine. Regardless, it makes me wonder why you would be 2 to 3 times the tuition fees of state Universities to study at an expensive private University. I know the recruiters get paid big amount from private Universities and they generally push these expensive Universities. There are 4000 Universities in the US and costs and quality vary, but state Universities is where the average Americans kids go and hence tuition fees are kept low.
            I have admit from ASU and USF too but I chose this because of boston and Co-op

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X