Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing my interview experience - Chicago

The interview took place in Chicago.

8:30am - We got to the field office early to meet our DOJ representative, the interview was scheduled for 9:00am

9:15 - the IO called us into his office.

Interview (30 minutes):

There was a supervisor waiting in the IO's office. My assumption was that our IO was in training or was recently moved to the location and the supervisor was there to make sure everything was kosher.

We remained standing and he made us swear to tell only the truth.
    He turned to my wife and asked her to verify her name and address. he also asked her for my name and for her birth certificate.

He then moved on me. He asked me the same questions he asked my wife. Additionally, he asked me the same yes/no questions on the i485 form.

Then he asked if we had any additional evidence. He glance at our wedding pictures. I tried to give him more pictures but he said that that wasn't necessary.

At the end he said that he will look over the package and that we should receive a resolution within 5 - 10 days.

He did not ask any additional questions. Nothing about our relationship, marriage, or life style. I guess the evidence was enough. On top of that, my wife and I share the same cultural background, age, and religion.

The IO was very professional, the supervisor was more relaxed.

Overall, everything went well. I am extremely happy with the way the interview went.

I think everything went well right? I don't know if the lack of questions is a good or bad sing.

Originally posted by josger View Post

8:30am - We got to the field office early to meet our DOJ representative, the interview was scheduled for 9:00am

Interview (30 minutes):

There was a supervisor waiting in the IO's office. My assumption was that our IO was in training or was recently moved to the location and the supervisor was there to make sure everything was kosher.

He turned to my wife and asked her to verify her name and address. he also asked her for my name and for her birth certificate.

He then moved on me. He asked me the same questions he asked my wife. Additionally, he asked me the same yes/no questions on the i485 form.

Then he asked if we had any additional evidence. He glance at our wedding pictures. I tried to give him more pictures but he said that that wasn't necessary.

At the end he said that he will look over the package and that we should receive a resolution within 5 - 10 days.

He did not ask any additional questions. Nothing about our relationship, marriage, or life style. I guess the evidence was enough. On top of that, my wife and I share the same cultural background, age, and religion.

Overall, everything went well. I am extremely happy with the way the interview went.

I think everything went well right? I don't know if the lack of questions is a good or bad sing.
    Hi! Congratulations.

We have the same field office. When is your PD?
    Last edited by iceman81; 07-18-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Awesome

Interview (30 minutes):

Congratulations! Thank you for the update. Somehow I believe all applications are pre-assessed and there is a near conclusion that is reached by the IOs before the interview date. You did well!

Our interview is on July 31 in Kendall, Florida. We are going with an open and relaxed mind, so like you we can be flexible for any angle they might pose the questions. I admit my hubz (UsCitizen) has gone full ham on getting the evidence together. We have collected and organized A LOT. Perhaps the volume of documents we have will also dissuade further questions from them too.

Congratulations again!
      All the best.
      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by iceman81 View Post
        Hi! Congratulations.

We have the same field office. When is your PD?
        Thanks,

Here is my timeline:

AOS PACKAGE SENT: 08/14/2017 Sent from Chicago - NOA RECEIVED: 08/18/2017 - BIOMETRICS NOTICE RECEIVED: 8/25/2017 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: 9/5/2016 - EAD APPROVED: 10/26/2017 - NOA FOR INTERVIEW RECEIVED: 6/19/2018 (FOR 07/18/2018 )

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
        Congratulations! Thank you for the update. Somehow I believe all applications are pre-assessed and there is a near conclusion that is reached by the IOs before the interview date. You did well!

Our interview is on July 31 in Kendall, Florida. We are going with an open and relaxed mind, so like you we can be flexible for any angle they might pose the questions. I admit my hubz (UsCitizen) has gone full ham on getting the evidence together. We have collected and organized A LOT. Perhaps the volume of documents we have will also dissuade further questions from them too.

Congratulations again!
        All the best.
        I would say that we had quality vs quantity when it came to evidence. Car insurance , life insurance, retirement, rental lease ... everything was under both our name.

I am hoping for the best.

I will update my status once I hear back from them.

Comment

What?s is your status during interview ?

- - - Updated - - -

Interview (30 minutes):

What?s your status during interview ? I?m also Chicago filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandan2018 View Post
            What?s is your status during interview ?

- - - Updated - - -

What?s your status during interview ? I?m also Chicago filler.
            My status still reads 'Interview was Scheduled'

Comment

My status still reads 'Interview was Scheduled'
              I meant you was out of status or in status ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandan2018 View Post
                I meant you was out of status or in status ?
                Out of status :/

Comment

Out of status :/
                  Don't worry. Marriage to a USC (I am just assuming is the case) means that if you're out of status at the time of filing it doesn't matter. You wouldn't have got to the interview stage if there was a concern with you being out of status.
                  Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
                  4-12: Arrived in Chicago
                  4-14: Picked up by USCIS
                  4-19: Email & text notifications received
                  4-23: I-797 Receipts received
                  4-27: Biometrics notice received
                  5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
                  5-11: Biometrics completed
                  6-04: Interview scheduled
                  6-09: Received interview letter
                  7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
                  7-13: Card was Mailed
                  7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Yes quality

Thanks,

Here is my timeline:

AOS PACKAGE SENT: 08/14/2017 Sent from Chicago - NOA RECEIVED: 08/18/2017 - BIOMETRICS NOTICE RECEIVED: 8/25/2017 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: 9/5/2016 - EAD APPROVED: 10/26/2017 - NOA FOR INTERVIEW RECEIVED: 6/19/2018 (FOR 07/18/2018 )

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that we had quality vs quantity when it came to evidence. Car insurance , life insurance, retirement, rental lease ... everything was under both our name.

I am hoping for the best.

I will update my status once I hear back from them.
                    Certainly we have substantial evidence including all you listed plus more. Each couple's experience will be different.
                    7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                    10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                    7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                    8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                    5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Im talking as if i was approved. Hoping i didnt jinx it

Comment

Im talking as if i was approved. Hoping i didnt jinx it
                        Thank you for sharing and best of luck men I hope you will get your green card soon !!!

Comment

Approved!

My status just changed to Card is being produced!

Comment

Congratulations !!!

My status just changed to Card is being produced!
                            Well done. Congratulations. All the very best in your endeavors.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X