Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Office N400 -October 2017 Filers

Hello, Atlanta filers,

Do we have any news on October 2017 filers?
    PD October 2017
    FP November 2017
    Status -- Case is inline for an interview since November 2017
    I would be moving out of state next month. I don't know whether to use my friend address in Georgia or use my out of state address when I move.
    Any advice or update would be helpful

Originally posted by abuya View Post
    Hello, Atlanta filers,

Do we have any news on October 2017 filers?
    PD October 2017
    FP November 2017
    Status -- Case is inline for an interview since November 2017
    I would be moving out of state next month. I don't know whether to use my friend address in Georgia or use my out of state address when I move.
    Any advice or update would be helpful
    Whichever adress you choose to use, if it differs from the adress on your application, you need to let USCIS know. When they send your letter, you certainly do not want to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
      Whichever adress you choose to use, if it differs from the adress on your application, you need to let USCIS know. When they send your letter, you certainly do not want to miss it.
      I am asking that because some say if you give out of state address your case might transfer to that state and that will screw might waiting time. so i wanna make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by abuya View Post
        I am asking that because some say if you give out of state address your case might transfer to that state and that will screw might waiting time. so i wanna make sure.
        Abuya, I am not a lawyer and please do not misconstrue this as giving you legal advice. Once you change your adress, you need to notify USCIS; whether you choose to use your out of state adress or the address of your friend is up to you. Know this, USCIS does not build their schedule around you. In order not delay your journey, if you can wait until after the interview to move, that would benefit you. Your papers are probably already in process while you are contemplating changing adressess. You can always schedule an Infopass to make sure things are not hung up.
        Last edited by Joni8ritt67; 07-21-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Abuya, I am not a lawyer and please do not misconstrue this as giving you legal advice. Once you change your adress, you need to notify USCIS; whether you choose to use your out of state adress or the address of your friend is up to you. Know this, USCIS does not build their schedule around you. In order not delay your journey, if you can wait until after the interview to move, that would benefit you. Your papers are probably already in process while you are contemplating changing adressess. You can always schedule an Infopass to make sure things are not hung up.
          Hello Joni8ritt67,

Unfortunately my move is job related. I think i will make an infopass and may be use my friend address instead of out of state.
          Thank you very much for your response.

Comment

I got a text message from uscis today and i login into my account to check and my interview has been schedule today. It was a suprise bcos i got the text few mins when i got to my new state so i change my address today. Thanks everyone i will update when i get the date for the interview.

Comment

Hey guys,

I moved to Florida and change my address and got address change notification. I called USCIS and my interview has bee scheduled for Sept 12 in Atlanta and the USCIS said they would request the case to be transfered to florida but i said no i will go to Atlanta office because i do not want to go through any delays after 11 months.
              I am October filer so guys this is a long ride but you will get there. Patience is all you need. Will update soon. Good Luck to all those waiting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X