H1B Mumbai 221G Green Slip Secuirty Background Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Mumbai 221G Green Slip Secuirty Background Check

I completed my interview at the US consulate Mumbai on June 4. VISA officer said my case is approved and took my passports. On the same day I got a mail from MumbaiTech that I have to provide 15 years of back ground information including social media, phone numbers and email IDs used in the last 5 years with countries visited etc. I responded back on the same day itself. After 2 days I got my passport through mail with Green 221G slip saying I would be contacted via email. I have not received any acknowledgement yet for the email sent to MumbaiTech. I resend it again 4 times in the last 45 days with no luck so far after contacting support-india@ustraveldocs. I am still waiting for the acknowledgement or auto generated email from MumbaiTech. Please let me know whats the waiting period or approval period for this kind of scenario if anyone has gone through this background check scenario in the recent past.

It takes sometime. Do you have anyone in family who work for army/navy/airforce?
    Usually if you or anyone in the family is associated with government, you will get 221G.
    it may take time. Don't lose hope.
    Good Luck with your visa application.
    Originally posted by kssankar View Post
    I completed my interview at the US consulate Mumbai on June 4. VISA officer said my case is approved and took my passports. On the same day I got a mail from MumbaiTech that I have to provide 15 years of back ground information including social media, phone numbers and email IDs used in the last 5 years with countries visited etc. I responded back on the same day itself. After 2 days I got my passport through mail with Green 221G slip saying I would be contacted via email. I have not received any acknowledgement yet for the email sent to MumbaiTech. I resend it again 4 times in the last 45 days with no luck so far after contacting support-india@ustraveldocs. I am still waiting for the acknowledgement or auto generated email from MumbaiTech. Please let me know whats the waiting period or approval period for this kind of scenario if anyone has gone through this background check scenario in the recent past.

Comment

221G Security Clearance Mumbai

Thanks Rahul for your optimistic reply. I don?t have anyone in government.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X