Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension Rejected.

Hello USA,

My wife H4 has been valid till Spe 2019. But got I-94 till Sep 2018 only as her passport going to expire by that time. So we had renewal the passport and applied for an extension. This petition has been rejected with the below reason and informed to resubmit the application back. They send all the supporting documents with I-539 application and rejection notice I-797C.

"This application/petition has not been fill completed. One or more of the following filed(s) were not completed:
    - Part 2, Question 2 NUmber of People in Application."

In Part 2: At Question 2, I have filled number of application as 1 since applying only for my wife. This question 5b says "The total number of People (including me) in this applications is: (Complete the supplement for each co-applicant). I have mentioned as [1]
    I kept two blank supplementary forms as it comes along with the application.

Could you please advise what further action I would need to take on this?
    Since the application rejected (NOT DENIED), is my wife eligible to stay on current I-94?
    Instead of refilling the extension, can she exist the US and come back with I-94 renewal?

Appreciate if someone could answer me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Venky
    Last edited by Venky0905; 07-19-2018, 11:17 AM.

Originally posted by Venky0905 View Post
    Hello USA,

My wife H4 has been valid till Spe 2019. But got I-94 till Sep 2018 only as her passport going to expire by that time. So we had renewal the passport and applied for an extension. This petition has been rejected with the below reason and informed to resubmit the application back. They send all the supporting documents with I-539 application and rejection notice I-797C.

"This application/petition has not been fill completed. One or more of the following filed(s) were not completed:

In Part 2: At Question 2, I have filled number of application as 1 since applying only for my wife. This question 5b says "The total number of People (including me) in this applications is: (Complete the supplement for each co-applicant). I have mentioned as [1]

Since the application rejected (NOT DENIED), is my wife eligible to stay on current I-94?
    Instead of refilling the extension, can she exist the US and come back with I-94 renewal?

Thanks
    Venky
    Why did you file for an extension when your wife petition is valid till September 2019 ? Your wife need to get I94 for which she can either exit the country and come back in or just go to nearby CBP office and talk to them to see if they can extend it

Comment

Originally posted by uhgar View Post
      Why did you file for an extension when your wife petition is valid till September 2019 ? Your wife need to get I94 for which she can either exit the country and come back in or just go to nearby CBP office and talk to them to see if they can extend it
      CBP not allowing any more to extend I-94. They are suggesting to go for extension ony.
      Leaving country to tough for me at my situations.

Comment

CBP not allowing any more to extend I-94. They are suggesting to go for extension ony.
        Leaving country to tough for me at my situations.
        USCIS lets you apply for extension only 6 months before the petition expiration date. Since your wife H4 is valid till September 2019 you can only apply for extension after March 2019

Comment

Hello USA,

Thanks
          Venky
          I don't know why they denied the application if the questions were filled out correctly.

No, she cannot stay past September 2018 when her I-94 expires. She needs to either file I-539 for Extension of Status (which she did) or she can leave the US and re-enter on her new passport. (It's not a "renewal". When she leaves the US, her I-94 will cease. And when she re-enters the US, she will be admitted from scratch on the basis of her visa. Her I-94 won't be limited by the expiration of the passport, since the new passport will be valid for many years, so she will be admitted until the petition expiration.) Of course, the whole point of filing Extension of Status is so that she doesn't have to leave the US and come back. I don't understand why they rejected it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X