Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint Sponsor moving a second time? House and income used for proof. Have RFE.Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Sponsor moving a second time? House and income used for proof. Have RFE.Worried

My wife is a HK citizen and we elected to do an AOS from J1 without restrictions.
    I am a US citizen with poor college income, and thus used my parent to joint sponsor.
    They moved once (we proved assets based off $$ in account from the house sale and prior ownership of said home) and we've got an RFE asking about assets/income. We can easily prove that and fix this as they own the new house free/clear.

Now though they're thinking about flipping the current house (??!?! We're surprised to say the least) and buying again in about 60-90 days.
    We're sending off the RFE info the middle of this week to prove the current home and work for my father--the joint sponsor. However, if they do in fact sell the house will this result in a second RFE, Denial, or other bad things?
    Last edited by BB81014; 07-19-2018, 06:52 PM.

Originally posted by BB81014 View Post
    My wife is a HK citizen and we elected to do an AOS from J1 without restrictions.
    I am a US citizen with poor college income, and thus used my parent to joint sponsor.
    They moved once (we proved assets based off $$ in account from the house sale and prior ownership of said home) and we've got an RFE asking about assets/income. We can easily prove that and fix this as they own the new house free/clear.

Now though they're thinking about flipping the current house (??!?! We're surprised to say the least) and buying again in about 60-90 days.
    We're sending off the RFE info the middle of this week to prove the current home and work for my father--the joint sponsor. However, if they do in fact sell the house will this result in a second RFE, Denial, or other bad things?
    Sorry to hear. That could be problematic. Does your wife have a paying job? If yours + hers income exceed the income threshold, then you could add her income into I-864, provide supporting documents and resubmit the form. If not, maybe try explaining the situation to your parents. If they are sincerely willing to help, they could stay put at current location till your case is resolved. If that doesn't work, it may be time you find another reliable sponsor, tbt.
    2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
    07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
    07-17: Checks cashed
    07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
    07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
    07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
    08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
    08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
    10-04: AP approved
    11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by hpx3000 View Post
      Sorry to hear. That could be problematic. Does your wife have a paying job? If yours + hers income exceed the income threshold, then you could add her income into I-864, provide supporting documents and resubmit the form. If not, maybe try explaining the situation to your parents. If they are sincerely willing to help, they could stay put at current location till your case is resolved. If that doesn't work, it may be time you find another reliable sponsor, tbt.
      She is unable to work as she left her $8 an hour J1 visa job where there was some light duty work abuse, and we relocated with my family. We live with my parents as I'm unable to drive with my vision.
      My 2018 income is shaping up to be around $30K and 2017 was $29K joint. 2016 for me was $8K with college and other things.

Parents are understanding but it's hard to "control" them if you will. But if confirmed by the attorney then yes--it's either them staying, us finding another sponsor, or trying on our own--with plans of going to Hong Kong as a likely outcome.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X