Case Update - Scheduling Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Update - Scheduling Interview

We had a surprise today...we completed the biometrics a little over a week ago, and today I checked our online i-485 status, and it says "we are ready to schedule an interview".

Is that normal? We weren't expecting any updates for a few months when the work permit would be ready. And we certainly didn't expect an interview to happen for 9 months or so.

Or maybe it just means that they'll actually schedule it in a few months, and this is just notifying us of the next steps?

Thanks.
    2018 I-485/I-765 based on K-1 Marriage

May 31: Received by Chicago
    June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
    July 9: Biometrics Completed
    July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
    Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
    Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Totally normal, i had the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by harry1983 View Post
      Totally normal, i had the same thing
      So you're saying that it doesn't mean the interview will be scheduled soon, but may be months from now?

Comment

Originally posted by JimM001 View Post
        We had a surprise today...we completed the biometrics a little over a week ago, and today I checked our online i-485 status, and it says "we are ready to schedule an interview".

Is that normal? We weren't expecting any updates for a few months when the work permit would be ready. And we certainly didn't expect an interview to happen for 9 months or so.

Or maybe it just means that they'll actually schedule it in a few months, and this is just notifying us of the next steps?

Thanks.
        Normal, It will stay in that status for a long time...depending in your field office. My stayed that way for 6 months

Comment

So you're saying that it doesn't mean the interview will be scheduled soon, but may be months from now?
          May be, but it depends on field office. Mine was scheduled about 1.5 month after we done biometrics.

Comment

Thanks.
            It's good you're at that point for sure. But some people do indeed stay on that status for months and months, some only a few weeks. It means your case is ready for the interview stage, but when you actually are scheduled for an interview is down to your field office.
            Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
            4-12: Arrived in Chicago
            4-14: Picked up by USCIS
            4-19: Email & text notifications received
            4-23: I-797 Receipts received
            4-27: Biometrics notice received
            5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
            5-11: Biometrics completed
            6-04: Interview scheduled
            6-09: Received interview letter
            7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
            7-13: Card was Mailed
            7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Another Surprise

Thanks all.

And the other day we got another surprise. We originally applied for I-485 and I-765 around first of June (that's when it was received by Chicago). This was an AOS based on a K-1 visa.

As I posted before, our online status was updated on July 19 to say they're ready to schedule an interview, only 7 weeks after they received the application. We completed our biometrics on July 9, and 3 days ago on Aug. 1 our online status was updated again to say they've already scheduled an interview and will send us a letter with details.

Wow. That's fast, isn't it? Only 2 weeks after "ready to schedule", 3 weeks after doing biometrics, and only 2 months after receiving the application. Has that happened to others?
              Last edited by JimM001; 08-04-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Field office?

Comment

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                  Field office?
                  It's in upstate New York

Comment

By the way, is there a button to push to get my signature to show up? I added my timeline to my sig but it doesn't show.

Nevermind, apparently it doesn't apply retroactively to previous posts, just new ones.

Comment

Buffalo? Anyways if its anywhere in NJ or NY states, this is record timing. You must have a very strong case and some luck the right IO picked it up.

Unless you were visa hoppin and some ?red flags?...but based on what you wrote doubt that. Now start creating your table of contents.

Ohh you added the signature. K-1, slam dunk case.

Comment

Thanks. No, this was Syracuse.

What do you mean by K-1 slam dunk? Not sure how strong our case is, though we were living together for 1.5 years in her country (Philippines), and have tons of evidence from there of me living there, etc.

BTW, what do you mean by "table of contents"?

Comment

Albany or Buffalo it will be. Both are again not this fast whatsoever. K-1 means you have a very legitimate case and you already got through i-129f. Slam Dunk = US sports term ...means your case is very good and easy approval probably.

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips ...for table of contents tips etc..

Comment

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                            Albany or Buffalo it will be. Both are again not this fast whatsoever. K-1 means you have a very legitimate case and you already got through i-129f. Slam Dunk = US sports term ...means your case is very good and easy approval probably.

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips ...for table of contents tips etc..
                            Goes to show USCIS does reward following the rules. K-1 & consular processing.

Comment

Notice Received

Okay, so we got our interview schedule notice in the mail today and it says Sept 10 in Syracuse, not Albany or Buffalo. So its processed in record time, and at an unexpected location. Its nice cuz Syracuse is closer to home,and its where we did biometrics, but it all seems kinda strange. Anyone?
                              Last edited by JimM001; 08-06-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X