Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEWARE if your EAD or GC informed delivery service doesn?t scan the mail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE if your EAD or GC informed delivery service doesn?t scan the mail.

I just got off the phone with USPS and an immigration lawyer friend on a three way call. It seems there is a game going on with USPS not delivering EADs and GC the way they are supposed to.

My EAD mail was never scanned for informed delivery service according to the USPS lady. the tracking system showed it was sorted out at the post office hub 10:53am and attempted to be delivered at 11:53am. The message said ?attempted delivery No access to location? No access to location is a lie because our apartment Gate stays open until 6pm every single day.
    The USPS representative on the phone found this strange because 1) sorted out at 10:53am and then attempted delivery at exact 11:53am. She suggested these hours could have been made up and the mail was never attempted to be delivered in the first place. Called my lawyer friend on a three way call and boom same thing has happened to a couple of his clients who has to reorder their EADs

I go online and search about this and was able to come across four cases on Reddit of people that same thing happened to with the same tracking message I received.

Apparently I just found out there is an EAD and GC business out there. People are paying for EADs and some mail personnel are opening these mails and selling the cards. I have no idea how it works when one buys a card without social security number. It?s scary and frustrating at the same time. Just beware!

It scans as a package, not a mail. On the informed delivery page, it should be on the package section as they send it with tracking number, not in the mail section.
    PD: 08/11/2017
    EAD and SSN: November 2017
    Interview date: 06/27/2018
    I-130 and I-485 approved: 07/02/2018
    GC in hand: 07/05/2018

Comment

Originally posted by nsygn View Post
      It scans as a package, not a mail. On the informed delivery page, it should be on the package section as they send it with tracking number, not in the mail section.
      Yes you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Plz View Post
        I just got off the phone with USPS and an immigration lawyer friend on a three way call. It seems there is a game going on with USPS not delivering EADs and GC the way they are supposed to.

My EAD mail was never scanned for informed delivery service according to the USPS lady. the tracking system showed it was sorted out at the post office hub 10:53am and attempted to be delivered at 11:53am. The message said ?attempted delivery No access to location? No access to location is a lie because our apartment Gate stays open until 6pm every single day.
        The USPS representative on the phone found this strange because 1) sorted out at 10:53am and then attempted delivery at exact 11:53am. She suggested these hours could have been made up and the mail was never attempted to be delivered in the first place. Called my lawyer friend on a three way call and boom same thing has happened to a couple of his clients who has to reorder their EADs

I go online and search about this and was able to come across four cases on Reddit of people that same thing happened to with the same tracking message I received.

Apparently I just found out there is an EAD and GC business out there. People are paying for EADs and some mail personnel are opening these mails and selling the cards. I have no idea how it works when one buys a card without social security number. It?s scary and frustrating at the same time. Just beware!
        How would these mailed persons even know it's from immigration? The priority mail package is plain and regular with just your name and address on it. You should call USCIS to resend your card, that's crazy.
        Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
        Priority Date: 01/22/2018
        Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
        Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
        Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
        Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
        EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
        EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
        SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
        GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
        Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
        I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
        GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
          How would these mailed persons even know it's from immigration? The priority mail package is plain and regular with just your name and address on it. You should call USCIS to resend your card, that's crazy.
          I had the same question for my lawyer friend and he told me they know once they scan the mail. There is a saying in my country ?when there is a will, there is a way? If you have informed delivery go the packages and check on yours. You will see a description that it came from USCIS in Kentucky. I?m going to go back to the post office today and if they can?t find it i?ll Call USCIS. The tracking number hasn?t updated since Wednesday so there is def a problem.

Comment

It happened to me 2 years ago, for my greencard, USPS tracking showed delivered in the mailbox and there was no greencard, it was delivered to a wrong address and i found my GC after 10 days. But it is very common.

Comment

Originally posted by atx30 View Post
              It happened to me 2 years ago, for my greencard, USPS tracking showed delivered in the mailbox and there was no greencard, it was delivered to a wrong address and i found my GC after 10 days. But it is very common.
              How were you able to find your green card? I?m having the worst luck with this EAD. USPS won?t help and USCIS just told me I need to reapply and wait for another 180 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Plz View Post
                How were you able to find your green card? I?m having the worst luck with this EAD. USPS won?t help and USCIS just told me I need to reapply and wait for another 180 days.
                I posted a note at the door of all the houses in my apartment community, and someone received it and they kept it outside my apartment.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I just cancelled my Informed Delivery service. Never really needed it anyway.
                  2018 I-485/I-765 based on K-1 Marriage

May 31: Received by Chicago
                  June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
                  July 9: Biometrics Completed
                  July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
                  Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
                  Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X