So much to say can't figure out a title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much to say can't figure out a title

Well I don't know exactly where to start. I have some questions. First of all let me say that I married a USC for almost 4 years now I'm a TPS holder. My husband petitioned for me in feb through a lawyer which was a bad idea. 1) she didn't know the proper fees for this whole proces. I had to go to the website and showed her the updated ones. 2) when she was filing she used the old form which replaced the I-130A. I told her USCIS doesn't use this anymore after few days she come back to me said if my husband is sponsored more than 1 beneficiary that's what needed. 3) I did everything before we started filing medical, I requested IRS transcript for 3 years. I was gonna do it myself but when I saw I-864 I was a bit confused. That's why I reached out. I didn't know this website then trust me. 4) when I told her we want to send everything once . she said it's better to wait when they RFE us so that the documents don't get lost. Ok PD is 2/19/18 2weeks later I received a RFE for I-130A imagine I was so pissed. I also found out that she didn't send the affidavit of support+ my medical. As it's already March I was waiting to file taxes so we can send everything even though the RFE said 130A. Unfortunately, we could not because my husband is a self-employed he had to wait for some more papers to file taxes. We filed for an extension. We ended up sending the RFE in may. Case status since then we received the RFE we'll resume your case.
    5) we received only one NoA since feb, she told me that she filed I-485 online even though don't I have to sign? Or shouldn't they send me a NoA for this form? After all of this happening I don't believe a word that she says. Even biometrics I haven't done that probably telling me she didn't send the AOS.
    TPS holder. Married LPR 11/14/14/USC 8/19/17
    Child 1/2016
    Feb 19 2018:PD just I-130 I765 crooked lawyer did not file concurrently. My medical is sitting here + my IRS transcripts.
    Feb 23:RFIE (I130A) long story
    May 23: RFIE received.
    Aug 20: lawyer called to pick up bio paper. Shocked.
    Aug 8:PD I485 according to the form
    Aug21: Bio done walkin (scheduled gor Aug 27)
    Aug 22: RFIE mailed
    Aug 23:RFIE mailed
    8/27:RFIE received for I864&original birth certificate

Originally posted by Heavenlyminded View Post
    Well I don't know exactly where to start. I have some questions. First of all let me say that I married a USC for almost 4 years now I'm a TPS holder. My husband petitioned for me in feb through a lawyer which was a bad idea. 1) she didn't know the proper fees for this whole proces. I had to go to the website and showed her the updated ones. 2) when she was filing she used the old form which replaced the I-130A. I told her USCIS doesn't use this anymore after few days she come back to me said if my husband is sponsored more than 1 beneficiary that's what needed. 3) I did everything before we started filing medical, I requested IRS transcript for 3 years. I was gonna do it myself but when I saw I-864 I was a bit confused. That's why I reached out. I didn't know this website then trust me. 4) when I told her we want to send everything once . she said it's better to wait when they RFE us so that the documents don't get lost. Ok PD is 2/19/18 2weeks later I received a RFE for I-130A imagine I was so pissed. I also found out that she didn't send the affidavit of support+ my medical. As it's already March I was waiting to file taxes so we can send everything even though the RFE said 130A. Unfortunately, we could not because my husband is a self-employed he had to wait for some more papers to file taxes. We filed for an extension. We ended up sending the RFE in may. Case status since then we received the RFE we'll resume your case.
    5) we received only one NoA since feb, she told me that she filed I-485 online even though don't I have to sign? Or shouldn't they send me a NoA for this form? After all of this happening I don't believe a word that she says. Even biometrics I haven't done that probably telling me she didn't send the AOS.

RUN !!! Nothing she did makes any sense !
    If you have a simple case, I would just go with a non for profit organizatio. They know what they do and is considerable less expensive than a lawyer.

Did USCIs cashed your check already ?

Comment

You can file i485 online? I doubt it. It's not adding up. I don't think she sent the i485 because that's what they do biometrics for; i485, i765 & i131. I130 doesn't need biometrics. I don't think she knows what she's doing. Did the bank take out money for i485? She should have filed concurrently
      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
      Priority Date: 01/22/2018
      Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
      Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
      Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
      Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
      EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
      EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
      SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
      GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
      Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
      I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
      GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

As others have said, dump that lawyer and either do it on your own (you seem to know more about the process than she does) or get a not for profit organization to help, I've heard from some others here they're very good and a lot cheaper than a lawyer.

I am sorry that you're having to go through numerous pauses and RFEs now. It certainly seems that you'd be much further along in the the process without the guidance of this "lawyer". The I-485 can't be filed online, so she's lied to you again. She wants to hold out and make the case longer to get more money from you for her help. And for her to tell you to wait for a RFE for the supporting documentation "so it doesn't get lost" is bogus, that's a delay tactic on her part to hold out for more money when you need her for the RFE stuff. But by getting an RFE just adds time onto your case.
        Last edited by Tezza; 07-21-2018, 12:25 PM.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
          As others have said, dump that lawyer and either do it on your own (you seem to know more about the process than she does) or get a not for profit organization to help, I've heard from some others here they're very good and a lot cheaper than a lawyer.

I am sorry that you're having to go through numerous pauses and RFEs now. It certainly seems that you'd be much further along in the the process without the guidance of this "lawyer". The I-485 can't be filed online, so she's lied to you again. She wants to hold out and make the case longer to get more money from you for her help. And for her to tell you to wait for a RFE for the supporting documentation "so it doesn't get lost" is bogus, that's a delay tactic on her part to hold out for more money when you need her for the RFE stuff. But by getting an RFE just adds time onto your case.
          Yes I used one and never had a single RFE or RFIE here is the link https://www.immigrationadvocates.org...earch?state=GA

Just put in your zip code to pick from the list of the ones in your area.

Comment

Filed I-485 online....that was the give away right there. smh
            Marriage based AOS concurre
            Feb 2017 - Date received
            Feb 2017 - RFE received
            March 2017 - Biometrics completed
            April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
            April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
            May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
            March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
            Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
            Oct 2018 - AOS interview
            Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment

I?m sorry this happened to you. Don?t beat yourself up over it. This is a very good resource. Seek help.

The I-485 can?t be filed online. If you didn?t sign your own I-485, then I?m very concerned. I think you need to fire that person and get any copies of anything that she may have.

You want to double check how she filed the I-485. What about the I-130. You don?t want your case progressing based on applications you didn?t sign off on. A NOID (Notice of intent to deny) could be issued and it could snowball from there.

You have TPS. So if the immigration advocate tells you to withdraw the forms that were filed because you were the victim of an immigration scam, then do that.

Questions/Suggestions:

1. What?s your field office?
              2. I would call USCIS and give your new A number. It should be on the Notice of Action you received.
              3. Meet with immigration advocate and go from there.
              4. Are you certain that this ?lawyer? is a lawyer? A lot of times there are people who pose as lawyers but really they?re either paralegals and make money on the side filling out forms for people.

Comment

Thank you guys. My husband said the same thing fire her. I will, I asked to give me copies of my form , she never replied.
                I have another question . I contacted the congressman in my district his office sent me a release form to fill out but my question is since I am the beneficiary my husband has to fill it out,right?
                I sent my application to Chicago they xfer it to potomac services center in Virginia.
                Child 1/2016
                Feb 19 2018:PD just I-130 I765 crooked lawyer did not file concurrently. My medical is sitting here + my IRS transcripts.

Comment

Thank you guys. My husband said the same thing fire her. I will, I asked to give me copies of my form , she never replied.
                  I have another question . I contacted the congressman in my district his office sent me a release form to fill out but my question is since I am the beneficiary my husband has to fill it out,right?
                  I sent my application to Chicago they xfer it to potomac services center in Virginia.
                  It's OK for the letter to be signed by your husband, as well. However, you (the beneficiary) must sign the privacy act release form.

Have you verified this person is a lawyer? You should report this to the state bar association.

Comment

Your zip code determines your field office. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices

Comment

[ Do I have to write a letter or just use the form since since I don't have a receipt number for I485 I was thinking if it's only my husband name I should put on the form because I only have the I130 receipt number.=UScitizenFilingforspouse;574984]It's OK for the letter to be signed by your husband, as well. However, you (the beneficiary) must sign the privacy act release form.

Have you verified this person is a lawyer? You should report this to the state bar association.[/my field office is Atlanta. I checked on USCIS website for the authorized immigration individual or business I don't see her name nor her business. What does that tell me?]
                      Child 1/2016

Comment

[ Do I have to write a letter or just use the form since since I don't have a receipt number for I485 I was thinking if it's only my husband name I should put on the form because I only have the I130 receipt number.=UScitizenFilingforspouse;574984]It's OK for the letter to be signed by your husband, as well. However, you (the beneficiary) must sign the privacy act release form.

Have you verified this person is a lawyer? You should report this to the state bar association.[/my field office is Atlanta. I checked on USCIS website for the authorized immigration individual or business I don't see her name nor her business. What does that tell me?]
                        She is probably practicing immigration law without a license. You can probably contact your state bar association. They will tell you if that person is licensed or not

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                          She is probably practicing immigration law without a license. You can probably contact your state bar association. They will tell you if that person is licensed or not
                          THAT^^^^^ DO THAT! You need to report her for fraud if she's not even licensed!
                          This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X