Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Birth is different in Birth Certificate and Passport

I have submitted I-130 for mother and father
    Birth date in School Leaving certificate and all subsequent certificates including marriage certificate, matriculation PAN Driving licence, Aadhaar and Passport of my mother is different from Birth date in Birth certificate issued recently by Municipal Corporation. All documents mentioned above having same birthday but different than certificate issued by Municipal Corporation.
    whether I should submit Certificate and passport having different Birthday.

Any body had same problem ? How to proceed further.

Originally posted by ddmehta View Post
    I have submitted I-130 for mother and father
    Birth date in School Leaving certificate and all subsequent certificates including marriage certificate, matriculation PAN Driving licence, Aadhaar and Passport of my mother is different from Birth date in Birth certificate issued recently by Municipal Corporation. All documents mentioned above having same birthday but different than certificate issued by Municipal Corporation.
    whether I should submit Certificate and passport having different Birthday.

Any body had same problem ? How to proceed further.
    Your birth certificate is triumphs everything else. You can have the passport corrected with the correct DOB per birth certificate. Since your purpose is to have them migrated here, i dont see any use for certificates. So dont worry to about those. But if you want to correct them, reach out to related state or central boards for correction.

Comment

Applying for parents green card - birth date different in passport and Birth certific

Originally posted by NjGCseeker View Post
      Your birth certificate is triumphs everything else. You can have the passport corrected with the correct DOB per birth certificate. Since your purpose is to have them migrated here, i dont see any use for certificates. So dont worry to about those. But if you want to correct them, reach out to related state or central boards for correction.
      I-130 already submitted and date of birth is entered which one is having on passport. Over and above all my visitor visas having Date of birth which is mentioned on Passport.

Will it not affect the process of Green Card, if I change the date of birth in passport?
      You opinion is valuable and will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I-130 already submitted and date of birth is entered which one is having on passport. Over and above all my visitor visas having Date of birth which is mentioned on Passport.

Will it not affect the process of Green Card, if I change the date of birth in passport?
        You opinion is valuable and will be appreciated.

Thanks
        Yes it will effect. Rather having to explain the officer in the interview its better to change the passport and file a correction. or with draw the 130 and file a new one . if you feel like this is a headache, then approach a lawyer and they will take care of it after you have the dates changed.

Comment

Originally posted by NjGCseeker View Post
          Yes it will effect. Rather having to explain the officer in the interview its better to change the passport and file a correction. or with draw the 130 and file a new one . if you feel like this is a headache, then approach a lawyer and they will take care of it after you have the dates changed.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Thanks a lot
            Hey, could you please share how you ended up resolving your issue with the mismatch. I am facing the same and would love to know your experience. Also, sent you a DM. Thanks!

Comment

Based on what I heard from other people who had the same issue of a discrepancy, you should contact the agencies to have the paperwork corrected to match the birth certificate. The consulate may require your parents to have multiple people who have known them write a letter to witness knowing them and that they can vouch for the information to be true. You will want to make sure the consulate has the correct information because that is what will show on their green card and visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X