Rejection Notice I-765 But I-485 got accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Notice I-765 But I-485 got accepted

USCIS made a mistake on my I-765 so I got rejection notice. I filed I-485,I-131 and I-765, sent them out at the same time. The other 2 were accepted but the I-765. They really screwed up whatever I've planned.

"This is in reference to the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, you submitted. Your I-765, fees, and any supporting documentations is being returned to you for the following reason(s):

The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the form instructions for fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this package.

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation."

The rejection notice that I got has a green letter which says "when you resubmit your application, please enclose this letter with your re-submission" and also my I-765 application.

The mail came yesterday with the receipt of I-485 I will be sending out my I-765 today with a copy of my I-485 receipt. Hopefully everything will be fine. Anyone have experienced it? Does it gonna affect the processing time for my EAD card?

Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
    USCIS made a mistake on my I-765 so I got rejection notice. I filed I-485,I-131 and I-765, sent them out at the same time. The other 2 were accepted but the I-765. They really screwed up whatever I've planned.

"This is in reference to the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, you submitted. Your I-765, fees, and any supporting documentations is being returned to you for the following reason(s):

The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the form instructions for fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this package.

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation."

The rejection notice that I got has a green letter which says "when you resubmit your application, please enclose this letter with your re-submission" and also my I-765 application.

The mail came yesterday with the receipt of I-485 I will be sending out my I-765 today with a copy of my I-485 receipt. Hopefully everything will be fine. Anyone have experienced it? Does it gonna affect the processing time for my EAD card?
    That shouldn't affect it too much. When it's caught early like that, it's usually a simple case of just fixing the issue and sending it back to be accepted.

You didn't specify what you did wrong, but remember you don't need to enclose a fee for the form I-765 when submitting it concurrently with the I-485.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      That shouldn't affect it too much. When it's caught early like that, it's usually a simple case of just fixing the issue and sending it back to be accepted.

You didn't specify what you did wrong, but remember you don't need to enclose a fee for the form I-765 when submitting it concurrently with the I-485.
      I think it's USCIS mistake, since they noted that the fee was never received/incorrect fee, even though all forms were sent out at the same time, in the same package.. I sent it out on 06/25, so I wonder if I sent it out once again today (I just got the receipt for I-485 yesterday so I will be sending everything out again with a copy of the receipt today). I don't know if they will process it wiht my I-131 (which was already accepted), or I will have to wait for another month to get a receipt, and wait for another couple months for the new EAD card to come?

Comment

I think it's USCIS mistake, since they noted that the fee was never received/incorrect fee, even though all forms were sent out at the same time, in the same package.. I sent it out on 06/25, so I wonder if I sent it out once again today (I just got the receipt for I-485 yesterday so I will be sending everything out again with a copy of the receipt today). I don't know if they will process it wiht my I-131 (which was already accepted), or I will have to wait for another month to get a receipt, and wait for another couple months for the new EAD card to come?

I have the same problem. I have received a rejection notice today for my I-765, but acceptance on I-485 and I-131. Actually, USCIS deducted the fee ($1225) from my bank account! Did they deduct the money from your account?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo89 View Post
          I have the same problem. I have received a rejection notice today for my I-765, but acceptance on I-485 and I-131. Actually, USCIS deducted the fee ($1225) from my bank account! Did they deduct the money from your account?
          How did you fix your problem?
          Mine got rejected for the same reason. How am I supposed to submit a fee when it's free because it was filed with i485?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please send an update on how you fixed the problem?
          Thanks
          Salt Lake City-UT
          07/24/18- Documents received
          11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
          12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
          12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
          01/14- Credit Card was charged
          01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
          01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
          01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
          01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
          02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
          07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
          08/31-EAD in hands
          10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X