X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shae View Post
    EAD is finally on its way!!!!

PD 3/21/18
    Congrats! "We mailed card to you" means they paid for postage. They created the mailing. Now USPS has to pick it up. You should be getting your tracking number soon via text if you signed up for Informed Delivery etc.

Comment

EAD is finally on its way!!!!

PD 3/21/18
      Congrats !!! I am also a NYC filer with a 04/13/18 priorty date. Where do you get updates ? I noticed in your signature you have ?case ready for interview ? where did you get that information ?
      C9 Spouse of USC
      NYC Filer
      04/13/18 - PD
      05/04/18 - Bio notice
      05/23/18 - Bio completed
      09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
      09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
      10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
      10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
      10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
      10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
      10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
      11/26/18 - NOA for I765
      11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
      12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
        Congrats !!! I am also a NYC filer with a 04/13/18 priorty date. Where do you get updates ? I noticed in your signature you have ?case ready for interview ? where did you get that information ?
        It sounds like you have not created accounts on these two sites. You want both in order to get ALL available updates. There is a USCIS case tracker app that is linked to the first site below.

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          It sounds like you have not created accounts on these two sites. You want both in order to get ALL available updates. There is a USCIS case tracker app that is linked to the first site below.

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/
          THANK YOU!! I created the bottom My account today ! THANKS TO YOU ON SHARING ON SOME OTHER THREAD! The top link I created about 2 weeks ago ! THANKS TO YOU AGAIN! I read a lot of your comments. I must say that they are very insightful and informative !!

Is it because I have just created these accounts why I Never got any updates?
          C9 Spouse of USC
          NYC Filer
          04/13/18 - PD
          05/04/18 - Bio notice
          05/23/18 - Bio completed
          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

THANK YOU!! I created the bottom My account today ! THANKS TO YOU ON SHARING ON SOME OTHER THREAD! The top link I created about 2 weeks ago ! THANKS TO YOU AGAIN! I read a lot of your comments. I must say that they are very insightful and informative !!

Is it because I have just created these accounts why I Never got any updates?
            LOL you?re welcome! So the DHS account isn?t always in sync. Click on ?Account Settings?, turn ON ?Case Inactivity notifications?, choose whether you want them via text or email.

So the trick with the Case inactivity notifications is to understand that if nothing is happening with your account, then every 2 weeks on Mondays, you will get an email notifying you that there is NOTHING to notify you about.
            So If an action is taken on your case, then you will get an email telling you just that. That ?action? may or may not cause a status update.
            Ok, so say that your last update is ?case is ready to be scheduled for an interview? from 04-23-18.
            Sometimes people will get a notification that says ?we?ve taken an action on your case on 06-02-18?. And then there is no status update. So that?s when you call USCIS and ask what the last action taken was on that date. Often times people find out that their background checks were completed, or that the file was transferred to the field office or that an interview notice was mailed out.

Comment

LOL you?re welcome! So the DHS account isn?t always in sync. Click on ?Account Settings?, turn ON ?Case Inactivity notifications?, choose whether you want them via text or email.

So the trick with the Case inactivity notifications is to understand that if nothing is happening with your account, then every 2 weeks on Mondays, you will get an email notifying you that there is NOTHING to notify you about.
              So If an action is taken on your case, then you will get an email telling you just that. That ?action? may or may not cause a status update.
              Ok, so say that your last update is ?case is ready to be scheduled for an interview? from 04-23-18.
              Sometimes people will get a notification that says ?we?ve taken an action on your case on 06-02-18?. And then there is no status update. So that?s when you call USCIS and ask what the last action taken was on that date. Often times people find out that their background checks were completed, or that the file was transferred to the field office or that an interview notice was mailed out.

Thank you so much. I try not to think about it too much. It?s get?s very frustrating. I prefer not to call until my ?5-7 months? processing time has passed (hopefully I do get EAD within that window) phew !
              C9 Spouse of USC
              NYC Filer
              04/13/18 - PD
              05/04/18 - Bio notice
              05/23/18 - Bio completed
              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Thank you so much. I try not to think about it too much. It?s get?s very frustrating. I prefer not to call until my ?5-7 months? processing time has passed (hopefully I do get EAD within that window) phew !
                Like someone so wisely said on this forum once "focus on your loved ones and not on the process". Well, I would just continue to gather evidence of bona fide marriage as it becomes available, so that you're not digging through boxes of receipts when your interview is scheduled.

Comment

Like someone so wisely said on this forum once "focus on your loved ones and not on the process". Well, I would just continue to gather evidence of bona fide marriage as it becomes available, so that you're not digging through boxes of receipts when your interview is scheduled.
                  Wise words! Thanks . I hate the fact that every time when I do something with my beloved husband, and daughter (not his daughter) , I think of using that moment as Evidence of a bond fide marriage. While I completely understand its importance it is like arrrgg let?s get over this already and I hope all this will be worth it ! (It will , it will ) 🙂
                  C9 Spouse of USC
                  NYC Filer
                  04/13/18 - PD
                  05/04/18 - Bio notice
                  05/23/18 - Bio completed
                  09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                  09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                  11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                  11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                  12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Wise words! Thanks . I hate the fact that every time when I do something with my beloved husband, and daughter (not his daughter) , I think of using that moment as Evidence of a bond fide marriage. While I completely understand its importance it is like arrrgg let?s get over this already and I hope all this will be worth it ! (It will , it will ) 🙂
                    I feel the same way. At the same time, I think that thinking that you will "highlight" that moment as Evidence of bona fide marriage, instead of "using" it, may just make all the difference. As you've probably realized, receipts are great alibis. We all have to buy stuff at the supermarket, costco, etc. Not everyone will have a 401k or life insurance.

I think it's great that you are being proactive. Keep it up. It might be a while before your interview comes since you are in New York, but you will be ready when it finally does.

Comment

EAD and SSN received today!!!!
                      3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                      4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                      4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                      4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                      7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                      8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                      8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                      8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

EAD and SSN received today!!!!
                        YES!!! Congratulations! And kudos to you for helping your spouse navigate this process the way you do.

Comment

Update

Glory be to God !!!

Marriage based AOS (I-485,I-130,I-130A, I765 and I-864)
                          Location - Brooklyn, New York
                          Documents Mailed to - Chicago
                          USC with children together

05/14/18 - Mail after rejected for outdated I-485
                          05/18/18 - received
                          05/25/18 - Check cashed
                          06/01/18 - NoA via mail
                          06/08/18 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd for 06/22
                          06/13/28 - Biometrics done
                          06/13/18 - Request for initial evidence for I-485 via email
                          06/18/18 - Receive letter requesting Marriage Cert
                          07/02/18 - We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case.
                          07/10/18 - we are ready to schedule your Form I485 for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice
                          09/12/18 - i765 New Card Is Being Produced
                          09/12/18 - I131- Name update

Comment

NYC office seems to be slow

Comment

To the top

Wanted to bump this thread in case anyone wants to share. My update is shown in my signature.
                              C9 Spouse of USC
                              NYC Filer
                              04/13/18 - PD
                              05/04/18 - Bio notice
                              05/23/18 - Bio completed
                              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Wanted to bump this thread in case anyone wants to share. My update is shown in my signature.
                                One of my biggest fears is to get an RIEF after waiting for so long.

We are waiting since March......my I485 updated to "case ready to be scheduled", so i pray that everything is ok. We received the EAD last month, so now we continue to wait
                                3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                                4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                                4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                                4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                                7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                                8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                                8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                                8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X