All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
    If you are AOS for marriage, why do you want to renew the h1b? Do you think that they will deny your GC? Maybe the lawyer will charge you for that renewal?
    Why an interviewer will give you a hard time on expire h1b if it expires after you entered AOS status? Even people overstaying for many many years don't have problem at the interview.
    I agree with you. However, I have spoken to 4 lawyer in total and I asked all of them if it?s a good idea I give up my H1B to take a new job with EAD. All four of them reacted strongly and said no. I guess they want me to play it safe in case there is unfavorable change in the future?

This really is the biggest thing that keeps me up at night now. There are better jobs for me now if I didn?t need a visa. My American dream is on pause now since the green card application takes so long lol.

I am very tempted to quit my job now. But before I pull the trigger, I am gonna ask people on this forum to gauge the risk/reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_USC_I130 View Post
      I agree with you. However, I have spoken to 4 lawyer in total and I asked all of them if it?s a good idea I give up my H1B to take a new job with EAD. All four of them reacted strongly and said no. I guess they want me to play it safe in case there is unfavorable change in the future?

This really is the biggest thing that keeps me up at night now. There are better jobs for me now if I didn?t need a visa. My American dream is on pause now since the green card application takes so long lol.

I am very tempted to quit my job now. But before I pull the trigger, I am gonna ask people on this forum to gauge the risk/reward.
      I agree, is better to play it safe. More so because you are in the last mile.

Good luck.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Brooklyn filer, Queens Office Appreoved

Good Afternoon

I had my interview this morning at 11am at Federal Plaza. This morning started off kind a rough and we had rebuke the devil. We arrived at Federal Plaza apt around 10:30 am after passing security we took a look at the notice to see what floor we should go to. To my surprise the sign stated queens office, we were surprise because we live in Brooklyn near the Gateway Mall, so I guess it depends on your address in Brooklyn you will get the Queens office. we went to the 9th floor and then we was send to the 4th floor to room 437. It wasn't that many people in the room and it seems that they were there for different reasons. We were sent to the window and received a number, I looked at my watch and it was 10:40am. At around 11:07 our number was call, I was so nervous my husband(bene) his faith is stronger than mine was calm. I think the officer name was Nelson ask why I was nervous and I told him "he has my family life in his hand" he then said there's nothing to be nervous about. We walk to his office and before we sat down we had raise our hand and promise to tell the truth.

Question he ask me (Pet)
        When did we meet ?
        He ask for more information about our relationship ?? I then ask him if he wanted to know about before 2010 or after 2010 because it was 2 different relationship. He laugh and said he wanted to hear about before 2010. I was honest with him and told him everything.
        He ask me how kids my husband have?
        What are his kids name?
        where do they live?
        Does the pays child support and how much he pays?
        What my husband do for a living ?
        Do we see the kids?
        What is my address?

Question to my husband (bene)
        Where do I work?
        Was he arrested before and was that the only time?
        Our kids name?
        Question from the application

I took 4 document holder folder with each label what was inside ( easier for me to separate than having one big binder and less to carry) and the original documents.

Document he requested
        marriage cert
        birth cert for our kids
        case disposition for the arrest
        pictures and he only took one
        Lease and I told him that I own my home before we met
        Joint bank account ( open yrs before marriage)
        Credit card with my husband as auth user ( open yrs before marriage)
        bank account ( open yrs before marriage)
        life insurance ( open yrs before marriage)

He ask if we had any question and I ask him if he was approved, he stated he can't say because of the arrest he need to review the case and speak to his supervisor( I personally think he was the supervisor). I left not happy and nervous. We left the office around 12pm while walking to the train I received a text stating the was an update. I went to my account and it stated that " New card is being produce" for the I-485, nothing as yet for the I-130. I not worried because he stated that he believed the marriage is real and not to worry My husband is so happy. I came to this country at the age 9 legally and now I am 47 , so I do not know the feeling of being out of status, I was always sympathetic to all immigrants because that is what I am. Seeing my husband almost cry and him explaining to me for the first time of the shame and the fear. I just have to thank GOD for everything HE has done and keep doing in our life. I pray that everyone on this forum success when it their time for the interview. Just be honesty and please be patient. When I started this process I told my husband as long as he get his work permit so he can get an Id I was willing to wait 2yrs for a 10 yr card. But that was not GOD plan.

Good Luck!!!!!

Location - Brooklyn, New York
        Documents Mailed to - Chicago
        USC with children together
        05/14/18 - Mail after rejected for outdated I-485
        05/18/18 - received
        05/25/18 - Check cashed
        06/01/18 - NoA via mail
        06/08/18 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd for 06/22
        06/13/28 - Biometrics done
        06/13/18 - Request for initial evidence for I-485 via email
        06/18/18 - Receive letter requesting Marriage Cert
        07/02/18 - We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case.
        07/10/18 - we are ready to schedule your Form I485 for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice
        09/12/18 - i765 New Card Is Being Produced
        09/12/18 - I131- Name update
        09/17/18 - Receive approval notice for I-765
        09/18/18 - Receive approval notice for I-131
        09/18/18 - Receive tracking# via USCIS website card mail. Day 123
        09/20/18 - Card in hand
        12/22/18 - DOJ search
        01/04/18 - Interview Was Scheduled
        02/14/19 - Interview
        02/14/19 - Approved

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_USC_I130 View Post

Hi, I got married to an USC and filed my marriage based GC application in November 2018 from NY. My biometrics was conducted in December 2018 and currently waiting for I-765 and I-131 approvals.
          I am currently on H1B and it expires in 2021 however I was contemplating to give up my H1B status as many good employers seek GC holder.
          As you mentioned earlier in your post that you talked to almost 4 lawyers and all of them firmly asked you to not give up your H1B. Why did they say so? What happens in the case one give up their H1B status and end up getting rejection in the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by empirer View Post
            Hi, I got married to an USC and filed my marriage based GC application in November 2018 from NY. My biometrics was conducted in December 2018 and currently waiting for I-765 and I-131 approvals.
            I am currently on H1B and it expires in 2021 however I was contemplating to give up my H1B status as many good employers seek GC holder.
            As you mentioned earlier in your post that you talked to almost 4 lawyers and all of them firmly asked you to not give up your H1B. Why did they say so? What happens in the case one give up their H1B status and end up getting rejection in the interview?
            Right now it?s ok to do so. But you never know what they are going to change tomorrow it make it not OK.

Comment

• Hi
              My status online changed on Feb6 to "Interview was scheduled " but i didn't receive notice in a mail, i called today and spoke with tier 2 rep (he gave me a date and time) and told me to call 5 days before interview and they will fax me notice because they will not let me into the building without it but i don't know if i should believe them with faxing or emailing documents like that. What should i do? My office in NYC don't accept infopass appt. I can't sleep because of that don't want to miss my interview. Please help me

Comment

• Originally posted by Toldiczka View Post
                Hi
                My status online changed on Feb6 to "Interview was scheduled " but i didn't receive notice in a mail, i called today and spoke with tier 2 rep (he gave me a date and time) and told me to call 5 days before interview and they will fax me notice because they will not let me into the building without it but i don't know if i should believe them with faxing or emailing documents like that. What should i do? My office in NYC don't accept infopass appt. I can't sleep because of that don't want to miss my interview. Please help me
                Did you move? I read another post saying that they sent the interview letter to old address (they shouldn't do that).

Anyway, I think I read another post with same issue and the fax was ok to go to the interview. Good luck.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
                  Did you move? I read another post saying that they sent the interview letter to old address (they shouldn't do that).

Anyway, I think I read another post with same issue and the fax was ok to go to the interview. Good luck.
                  No i did not move, well i will keep posting

Comment

• Need help for usa tourist visa- urgent

I am 28, female, pursuing CA and working part time in a firm. I am planning to travel to usa in april for tourism purpose only with travel partner cox and kings. I am travelling with my younger sister and father for 10 days. My father will be sponsoring our trip. Why are my chances of getting USA visitor visa? Please reply asap. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Brooklyn filer here. Our interview is finally scheduled for March 28, 2019. Fingers CROSSED!
                      Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
                      8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
                      11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
                      11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
                      11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
                      12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
                      3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                      7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
                      8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
                      1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
                      2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
                      3-28-19 - Had interview!
                      4-5-19 New card is being produced
                      4-13-19 - Green card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Many have found the resources on this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and their subsequent interview.
                        https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428
                        Nice, thanks

Comment

• Today got the notification that the interview is scheduled 😀 our PD is 9/13/2017

Comment

• Any other NYC filers uncounted this issue

I came here at 17 years old on a B1/B2 visa, now I am married to a USC.
                            I have been arrested 3 times all are for (traffic violations.)

1st arrest was a series of VTL?s with one Class A Misdemeanor included in the arrangement charges, pled guilty to disorderly conduct, (paid a fine) my record was sealed after conviction.

2nd arrest was VTL charges and Class A Misdemeanor, pled guilty to unlicensed driver, (paid a fine.)

The 3rd arrest happened at a police checkpoint, registration, and insurance on the vehicle was good, but I had no license.
                            I believe the officer said, My license/driving privilege was suspended.

I was released from the precinct, never made it to central bookings.
                            The court can only provide me with the dispositions of my first 2 arrest, they do not have any record that the 3rd arrest ever happened.

I-485 is ready to schedule for an interview, I have already included the 2 dispositions when sent in my paperwork.

The question is, do have to mention anything about the 3rd arrest or I don't have to because it's a traffic violation?

Comment

• New York march 2018 filers

Is there someone who filed AOS last march and received news about scheduling the interview?
                              My wife was here with a turistic visa when we decided to get married. After we got married last march we filed for the AOS
                              Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyc_2018 View Post
                                I came here at 17 years old on a B1/B2 visa, now I am married to a USC.
                                I have been arrested 3 times all are for (traffic violations.)

1st arrest was a series of VTL?s with one Class A Misdemeanor included in the arrangement charges, pled guilty to disorderly conduct, (paid a fine) my record was sealed after conviction.

2nd arrest was VTL charges and Class A Misdemeanor, pled guilty to unlicensed driver, (paid a fine.)

The 3rd arrest happened at a police checkpoint, registration, and insurance on the vehicle was good, but I had no license.
                                I believe the officer said, My license/driving privilege was suspended.

I was released from the precinct, never made it to central bookings.
                                The court can only provide me with the dispositions of my first 2 arrest, they do not have any record that the 3rd arrest ever happened.

I-485 is ready to schedule for an interview, I have already included the 2 dispositions when sent in my paperwork.

The question is, do have to mention anything about the 3rd arrest or I don't have to because it's a traffic violation?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	How-to-Get-Proof-of-an-Undocketed-Arrest-in-NYC@1,25x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	590964

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X