Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Passport lost by UPS while returning from renewal application from CKGS-SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport lost by UPS while returning from renewal application from CKGS-SF

My passport(s) are missing on its way back from renewal application from CKGS-San Francisco office. UPS never showed up at my door step (and for 3 days they keep updating tracking status as "attempted but receiver missed", there was always someone at home all the time and no one has actually showed up. there was no notice also attached on my door which they normally post") and eventually after 3 days I had to pick up from an access point. Today, when I walked into my near by UPS access point, they gave me an empty-damaged envelope mentioning that how they received it, driver didn't know also!!!! How much careless you could be with such an important document????, half torn from side and empty. There was just a shipping label and an empty passport envelop inside. This is simply unacceptable from the shipping company CKGS work with. I am terribly-terribly disappointed.

I have refused to accept package from UPS and raised damage/lost request which they are going to search for next few days and also contact CKGS - the sender.

The shape in which I saw my package was more to be stolen than miss handled. This is serious mishandling of such an important document. As result I have now also lost both my new as well old passport.

When I contacted CKGS, they informed me I need to reapply for lost passport and they cannot waive the fees of a new application as the package was dispatched accordingly to their policy.

I want to know how to fight and claim against UPS who was so careless with such an important document. Although, application fees are about 150$. There is so much more hassle I have to go through to re stamp my visa.

1. What are the consequences for identity theft if it is really stolen? Do I need to report anyone?
    2. How and what amount of money will UPS reimburse and could I take any legal action against them?
    3. What are consequences of my legal status?
    4. What happen to my old visa and other stamps of older passport, as they has now lost both new as well as old?

Originally posted by hotshot47 View Post
    My passport(s) are missing on its way back from renewal application from CKGS-San Francisco office. UPS never showed up at my door step (and for 3 days they keep updating tracking status as "attempted but receiver missed", there was always someone at home all the time and no one has actually showed up. there was no notice also attached on my door which they normally post") and eventually after 3 days I had to pick up from an access point. Today, when I walked into my near by UPS access point, they gave me an empty-damaged envelope mentioning that how they received it, driver didn't know also!!!! How much careless you could be with such an important document????, half torn from side and empty. There was just a shipping label and an empty passport envelop inside. This is simply unacceptable from the shipping company CKGS work with. I am terribly-terribly disappointed.

I have refused to accept package from UPS and raised damage/lost request which they are going to search for next few days and also contact CKGS - the sender.

The shape in which I saw my package was more to be stolen than miss handled. This is serious mishandling of such an important document. As result I have now also lost both my new as well old passport.

When I contacted CKGS, they informed me I need to reapply for lost passport and they cannot waive the fees of a new application as the package was dispatched accordingly to their policy.

I want to know how to fight and claim against UPS who was so careless with such an important document. Although, application fees are about 150$. There is so much more hassle I have to go through to re stamp my visa.

1. What are the consequences for identity theft if it is really stolen? Do I need to report anyone?
    2. How and what amount of money will UPS reimburse and could I take any legal action against them?
    3. What are consequences of my legal status?
    4. What happen to my old visa and other stamps of older passport, as they has now lost both new as well as old?
    This seems like a massive fraud and identity theft scam going on with CKGS with so many reports of lost passports. Please post reviews on every website so everyone can be aware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by tyb707 View Post
      This seems like a massive fraud and identity theft scam going on with CKGS with so many reports of lost passports. Please post reviews on every website so everyone can be aware of this.

CKGS SFO or others as well?

Comment

Use FedEx

For others, I suggest using FedEx service provided by CKGS. It takes out an extra effort for CKGS and it will be their responsibility. Using other carriers may save you some money, but keep your fingers crossed for these situations.

Comment

passport lost

I also lost my passport returned from CKGS-NY by UPS. Any updates for your case?

Comment

I am not sure people should blame CKGS. One gets a choice UPS and FedEx and then people choose the lower cost one and when things go wrong blame CKGS. i paid the higher fee for FedEx and had no issues at all. Same thing, people choose Air India for cheaper fare and then pay dearly when things go wrong. There is a reason why UPS charges less than FedEx. Many lawyers and Universities while sending international do not give UPS or USPS (due to interaction with Indian postal service) only give FedEx as an option which is very expensive but there is never an issue. FedEx has more planes than any airline in the world.

Comment

Hi, Sorry to hear that you lost your old and new passport. I too have similar situation where UPS lost my package. Can you let me know how did you handled the situation? Did you report it to cops? Is UPS reimbursed anything? How did you apply for new passport?

Please share as much information as possible.... thanks in advance.

Comment

UPS lost my passport

Hi,
                I am also in similar situation where UPS lost both my old and new passports. Can some one who had similar experience please share their experience how to handle this situation?

1. Do I need to report to cops and get letter that I lost my passports?
                2. Is UPS reimbursed anything?
                3. How to apply for new passport?

Any other information with relevant to subject is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

UPS lost my Passport

The same thing happened to me. Today I called UPS as my passport was to be delivered yesterday. They stated the investigation. I have to travel to India next month. How long should I wait before filing a FIR to the police station? I know that as soon as I file a complaint of lost passport my passport and visa will be invalid. How long will it take for the new passport to arrive?

Can anyone help.

Thanks.
                  --Navya

Comment

Got my passport back

Luckily they found my passports (new and old) and it was delivered to me today.

All the best guys.

Comment

Hello all,

unfortunately I also lost my passports today in the same way. Neither ckgs or ups are claiming the responsibility. Kindly share what was your next steps so that it can be helpful for all of us who have a similar problem.

thanks in advance

Comment

Did you get the passport? Any update. Similar situation happened to me on Thursday and I haven't reviewed my passport. Please let me know if there is any update at your end.

Comment

Hi All,

Same thing happened to my baby passport. It dispatched on Saturday from Indian consulate new York. I am checking the status from sunday. Ups updated status to damage and lost package on Monday.
                          Consulate saying they are not responsible once its out for delivery. Ups saying they dont know what happened but envelope damaged and passport lost.
                          We spent so much of time and effort to get all the documents for passport during this covid time and got passport after 3 months. We applied for indian visa to travel to india.
                          Now this happens.
                          Please share your next steps. Is there any chance some one will do fraud with the lost passport?

Comment

We are in the same boat here. We were supposed to receive passport yesterday (8/31), but it never showed up. We raised an investigation today. UPS says it probably was never picked up from CKGS because it doesn't have a "physical scan". But we got tracking information says it is in Oakland, CA. Anyone else in this situation? This is CKGS SF.

Comment

Hi gottilla I am in the same situation as you had mentioned. Did you get your passport? What did you have to do? Can you please help with the details?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X