Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer from profit to non profit

Hello Everyone,

I have my H1B under a Profit organization valid until AUG 2019(IT staffing company), and i was working for a client, now client wants to hire me as a full time, Client is Non-profit organization, if i transfer my H1B, will i get new cap exempt H1B valid for 6 years ?? and if i want to switch again to any profit org later, can i claim my remaining profit h1b years?? As of now i completed 2 years of my Profit 6 year H1B validity

For any individual, will there be 6 years Profit H1B and 6 year Non profit H1B validity ?? or 6 year H1B no matter Profit and Non profit

Thanks

As I understand it (could be wrong, not an expert) whether an organization is non-profit doesn't make it cap-exempt by default. There are other conditions that applied (needs to be tied to institution of higher learning for example).

Are you sure the new employer is cap-exempt?

Comment

Originally posted by PieterS View Post
      As I understand it (could be wrong, not an expert) whether an organization is non-profit doesn't make it cap-exempt by default. There are other conditions that applied (needs to be tied to institution of higher learning for example).

Are you sure the new employer is cap-exempt?
      Yes, i'm sure my new employer is cap-exempt

Comment

Originally posted by sahasra91 View Post
        Hello Everyone,

I have my H1B under a Profit organization valid until AUG 2019(IT staffing company), and i was working for a client, now client wants to hire me as a full time, Client is Non-profit organization, if i transfer my H1B, will i get new cap exempt H1B valid for 6 years ?? and if i want to switch again to any profit org later, can i claim my remaining profit h1b years?? As of now i completed 2 years of my Profit 6 year H1B validity

For any individual, will there be 6 years Profit H1B and 6 year Non profit H1B validity ?? or 6 year H1B no matter Profit and Non profit

Thanks
        Your total time under H1 status cannot exceed 6 yrs. in one stretch. So, you will have to account for both cap exempt as well as under cap duration. You can always switch back and forth but the total time cannot exceed 6 yrs.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
          Your total time under H1 status cannot exceed 6 yrs. in one stretch. So, you will have to account for both cap exempt as well as under cap duration. You can always switch back and forth but the total time cannot exceed 6 yrs.
          Thank you..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X