Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-765 EAD - New Card Is Being Produced...how long until it gets mailed out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-765 EAD - New Card Is Being Produced...how long until it gets mailed out?

Hello,

Below is my timeline applying for EAD from Vermont processing center.

April 6, 2018 - Application received
    July 10, 2018 - Application approved
    July 10, 2018 - New Card Is Being Produced
    August 14, 2018 - Same status so called USCIS customer help line for update as it's been over 30 days and was informed to wait 60 days for the card to be mailed.

I was very confused as in my USCIS confirmation email it clearly stated "On July 10, 2018, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. You should receive your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 30 days. If you do not receive your card within 30 days, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I read the above statement to the USCIS agent and he said the 30 days only applies to after the card is mailed and not when it's still in production.

I called in again on August 15, 2016 and was informed my card won't be ready until September 2018 and that there is no way to expedite the process.

My frustration is I understood the 30 days as it'll take that long for USCIS to produce and mail me my EAD card. I had two job offers in the last month and I signed with one recently thinking that I'll get my card soon. The company was good with giving me an offer letter and treating the remaining process of me receiving the card as part of their onboarding process. But it's been almost two weeks since I signed the offer and no EAD card so now I have to convince them to wait longer for me.

Is there any way to escalate this and get my card sooner? Is it normal to wait this long for them to produce a card and mail it out?

I checked USCIS and my status is still the same..."New Card is being Produced" but the date has changed to August 20, 2018. I called USCIS and asked them how come the status stayed the same but the date changed and said they had to reorder the production of my card because of various reasons such as mishandling on their side, backlog of cards, etc. So they said to wait 60 days from the original date which is July 10th but still can't give me an estimate of when I'll receive my card in the mail.

Has anyone else experienced their case status staying the same but the date changed? What does it really mean?

Comment

Originally posted by CL123456 View Post
      Hello,

August 14, 2018 - Same status so called USCIS customer help line for update as it's been over 30 days and was informed to wait 60 days for the card to be mailed.

I was very confused as in my USCIS confirmation email it clearly stated "On July 10, 2018, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. You should receive your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 30 days. If you do not receive your card within 30 days, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I read the above statement to the USCIS agent and he said the 30 days only applies to after the card is mailed and not when it's still in production.

I called in again on August 15, 2016 and was informed my card won't be ready until September 2018 and that there is no way to expedite the process.

My frustration is I understood the 30 days as it'll take that long for USCIS to produce and mail me my EAD card. I had two job offers in the last month and I signed with one recently thinking that I'll get my card soon. The company was good with giving me an offer letter and treating the remaining process of me receiving the card as part of their onboarding process. But it's been almost two weeks since I signed the offer and no EAD card so now I have to convince them to wait longer for me.

Is there any way to escalate this and get my card sooner? Is it normal to wait this long for them to produce a card and mail it out?
      You are authorized to work. You can call and ask for a Tier 2 officer and ask if they can mail you the approval notice, or fax it to you or send it to you via email. You can also log on to the USCIS website and show your employer. You are authorized to work since the date you got the "New card is being produced" status update. If you show/tell your company all this, they may be more lenient. Bottom line is they will not get in trouble for employing you, because you are authorized to work.

You can also get your Congress rep or senator involved. I would probably go with senator.

Comment

Hello,

I would try to work as a "volunteer" if you feel confident that the company will pay you back when your card arrives.
        C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
        10/27/2017 PD
        11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
        12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
        05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
        06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
        06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
        07/08/2018 EAD card in production
        07/16/2018 EAD in hand
        07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
        09/06/2018 Interview
        09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

Thanks for everyone?s reply. I informed HR that I was still waiting for the card but can I start Job training since I have the approval notice. They said the card is a requirement before I can start work so they?ve pushed back my start date.

Comment

I finally received my card in the mail today and I?m starting work on Wednesday!

Comment

facing the same issue as you

I checked USCIS and my status is still the same..."New Card is being Produced" but the date has changed to August 20, 2018. I called USCIS and asked them how come the status stayed the same but the date changed and said they had to reorder the production of my card because of various reasons such as mishandling on their side, backlog of cards, etc. So they said to wait 60 days from the original date which is July 10th but still can't give me an estimate of when I'll receive my card in the mail.

Has anyone else experienced their case status staying the same but the date changed? What does it really mean?
              Hello,
              I am experiencing the same issue, my case status was changed to "new card is being produced" in December and now when i check my status, the status is the same, but the date on it has changed.

How long after the date change in your status did you receive your EAD card?
              Please do let me know, I am a little worried. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I have a query, if anyone can assist me with that.
                Once the status changes from "Received" to " New card is being produced" for OPT application, can we obtain our EAD card number?

Comment

I finally received my card in the mail today and I?m starting work on Wednesday!
                  congrats, may I ask which city did you file ?

Comment

I have similar situation as well. Case approved on 23rd September but did not receive the card yet. Called USCIS but they say I need to wait for 60 days from the approval notice but the email I received on approval says I should be getting the card with in 30 days. Anyone has any ideas on what I'm supposed to do

Comment

Originally posted by user9422 View Post
                      I have similar situation as well. Case approved on 23rd September but did not receive the card yet. Called USCIS but they say I need to wait for 60 days from the approval notice but the email I received on approval says I should be getting the card with in 30 days. Anyone has any ideas on what I'm supposed to do
                      I have read a couple of cases where they forget to click the "produce card button" (speculation). Have your received the SSN card?
                      What you can do is call and ask for L2/Tier 2 officer, they may see if the card is ready to be produced or is missing that click.
                      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                      ---
                      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X