Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Evidence after N 400 Interview

Hello,
    I had my Citizenship Interview on July 31st, and was recommended for approval. I received my green card in 2012 as a GC Lottery winner, but was out of country for 7 months in the very beginning because I needed to complete my Bachelor Degree.
    I was asked questions at the interview about why I was away, I explained, and interview went well, I was recommended for approval.
    After interview I received RFE to explain the reason for my absence.
    I sent all supporting documents ASAP and now I am waiting. One week later my online status is still Request for evidence is mailed to you....
    How long would it take for them to respond and process my case? Did anybody have this issue?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Realrgb View Post
    Hello,
    I had my Citizenship Interview on July 31st, and was recommended for approval. I received my green card in 2012 as a GC Lottery winner, but was out of country for 7 months in the very beginning because I needed to complete my Bachelor Degree.
    I was asked questions at the interview about why I was away, I explained, and interview went well, I was recommended for approval.
    After interview I received RFE to explain the reason for my absence.
    I sent all supporting documents ASAP and now I am waiting. One week later my online status is still Request for evidence is mailed to you....
    How long would it take for them to respond and process my case? Did anybody have this issue?
    Thanks
    Just like you have 90 days to respond to a RFE, they have 90 days to respond.
    That?s why it?s better to get a Notice of Intent to Deny. You have 30 days to respond and USCIS has bout the same time to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Just like you have 90 days to respond to a RFE, they have 90 days to respond.
      That?s why it?s better to get a Notice of Intent to Deny. You have 30 days to respond and USCIS has bout the same time to address it.
      Thanks for responding. I was given until September 1st to provide a response to RFE which was 30 days.
      Do you think it is gonna take a vary long time?

Comment

Please Realrgb were you later approved? How long did it take to hear from them because am having similar issue. You can email me on [email protected] Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X