Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of marriage soft copies of documents

I-130 I-485 AOS Evidence of marriage docs

Aside from the required original documents (passports, I-94 etc)

For an AOS interview, is it acceptable to bring in:
    ? a laptop to show softcopies of documents like original USCIS pdf forms filed by our lawyer etc.,
    ? a camera phone that has additional 100?s of family pictures (we have a dozen or so actually printed)
    ? credit card and utility pdf formatted receipts that support a valid marriage?

Much of our documentation is saved on my laptop as pdf files as there are 100?s of pages to print.

Thanks!

no electronic devices are allowed into office, have to print.
    JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by pphuff View Post

? a laptop to show softcopies of documents like original USCIS pdf forms filed by our lawyer etc.,
      ? a camera phone that has additional 100?s of family pictures (we have a dozen or so actually printed)

Much of our documentation is saved on my laptop as pdf files as there are 100?s of pages to print.

Thanks!
      No, print all documents and organize them using the table of contents out together by Emerald 2020

Comment

Thanks!

No electronic devices is allowed. Print them out. I have over 600 sheets of evidences.
        Good luck.
        PD: 01/02/18
        4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
        Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
        Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
        InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
        Contact the congressman 04/20/18
        RFE received: 04/27/18
        RFE response :06/19/18
        Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
        AP approval notice :07/05/18
        EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
        SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
        Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
        Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment

Thanks!

No electronic devices is allowed. Print them out. I have over 600 sheets of evidences.
          Good luck.
          PD: 01/02/18
          4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
          Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
          Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
          InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
          Contact the congressman 04/20/18
          RFE received: 04/27/18
          RFE response :06/19/18
          Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
          AP approval notice :07/05/18
          EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
          SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
          Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
          Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald 2020 View Post
            Good luck.
            what? 600..
            seriously, try to take like 30 pics, few statements per year and car insurance, health insurance and joint cards stuff and other few docs u think will help.

i too like 50-100 page worth off stuff and even then they only took half, they didn't even want to see more.

600 is lil extreme, try to condense to 100-200 if u can.

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
              what? 600..
              seriously, try to take like 30 pics, few statements per year and car insurance, health insurance and joint cards stuff and other few docs u think will help.

i too like 50-100 page worth off stuff and even then they only took half, they didn't even want to see more.

600 is lil extreme, try to condense to 100-200 if u can.
              Please do not perpetuate that belief that we should only provide USCIS with the minimum necessary to be approved for a conditional green card or Removal of conditions. The days of doing that are over. To be clear, that is terrible advice. Emeral 2020 put together the most complete Table of contents I have ever seen, listing truly concrete evidence of bona fide marriage.

They have been married for a year and a few months and were able to come up with all that evidence. Sure, I have seen people who have reported being married for 4 years while living abroad who cannot even come up with a solid paper trail and manage to get approved. So really? No joint documents for 4 years of marriage while you were living abroad? Others will dangle a baby to sway Immigration Services Officers when they do not have concrete evidence of bona fide marriage.

I have a paper trail from the day I met my husband. I have every receipt of every restaurant, food shop or whatever we?ve ever done. Someone disagreed with the general suggestion to include text messages as proof of bona fide marriage. What is the matter folks? Is it a privacy issue or is it that you just do not have the text messages?

My favorite are of course, those who get married on Thursday, and then file on Friday. *Oh we did not have evidence of bona fide marriage because the EAD and social security card have not arrived, or course? Hmmm, OK, so you JUST met, then? I met my husband in June 2016 and we married in August 2017. I actually have concrete prove that we spent most of that time together.

Congrats on your approval, though. Please make sure to read the I-751 Removal of Conditions instructions. They want a continuum of every document you may have to document the bona fides of your marriage from the date of the marriage until the present date.

Please, do not ever discourage others from going overboard in order to secure their green card, remove conditions or apply for citizenship based on marriage. Do as you wish with your case but do not interfere with those who do not want to be suspected of fraud.

Our AOS package weighed 13 lbs. Here is once again a screenshot. And we will probably have an additional 30lbs of evidence by the time our interview is scheduled in Minneapolis which now takes 14 to 24 months. If Emerald 2020s mountain of evidence makes it harder for someone to commit fraud, well, so be it.

All the best,

USCFFS
              Attached Files
              Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-17-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                Please do not perpetuate that belief that we should only provide USCIS with the minimum necessary to be approved for a conditional green card or Removal of conditions. The days of doing that are over. To be clear, that is terrible advice. Emeral 2020 put together the most complete Table of contents I have ever seen, listing truly concrete evidence of bona fide marriage.

They have been married for a year and a few months and were able to come up with all that evidence. Sure, I have seen people who have reported being married for 4 years while living abroad who cannot even come up with a solid paper trail and manage to get approved. So really? No joint documents for 4 years of marriage while you were living abroad? Others will dangle a baby to sway Immigration Services Officers when they do not have concrete evidence of bona fide marriage.

I have a paper trail from the day I met my husband. I have every receipt of every restaurant, food shop or whatever we?ve ever done. Someone disagreed with the general suggestion to include text messages as proof of bona fide marriage. What is the matter folks? Is it a privacy issue or is it that you just do not have the text messages?

My favorite are of course, those who get married on Thursday, and then file on Friday. *Oh we did not have evidence of bona fide marriage because the EAD and social security card have not arrived, or course? Hmmm, OK, so you JUST met, then? I met my husband in June 2016 and we married in August 2017. I actually have concrete prove that we spent most of that time together.

Congrats on your approval, though. Please make sure to read the I-751 Removal of Conditions instructions. They want a continuum of every document you may have to document the bona fides of your marriage from the date of the marriage until the present date.

Please, do not ever discourage others from going overboard in order to secure their green card, remove conditions or apply for citizenship based on marriage. Do as you wish with your case but do not interfere with those who do not want to be suspected of fraud.

Our AOS package weighed 13 lbs. Here is once again a screenshot. And we will probably have an additional 30lbs of evidence by the time our interview is scheduled in Minneapolis which now takes 14 to 24 months. If Emerald 2020s mountain of evidence makes it harder for someone to commit fraud, well, so be it.

All the best,

USCFFS
                i was talking about for interview, nobody takes 600 pages to interview. its an interview not who got the biggest stack contest. they already have all the docs we send.

to be technical you are only supposed to take additional supporting docs between the time u sent docs initially and interview, not all of them.
                Last edited by gunit123; 08-17-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

i was talking about for interview, nobody takes 600 pages to interview. its an interview not who got the biggest stack contest. they already have all the docs we send.

to be technical you are only supposed to take additional supporting docs between the time u sent docs initially and interview, not all of them.
                  Here are the I-751 instructions for you.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-17-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Not true. USCIS is notorious for losing entire packages. You always bring to the interview a clone of the package you sent them. In fact, it's often recommended to that each spouse has their own package in case they get separated.
                    You also do not just bring most recent documents. They want to see a continuum. They want to see how you commingle your finances. Don't just throw papers at them. Are you about to tell me your experience is supposed to be representative of everyone's experience and that Emerald 2020, who already had a petition denied in the past, should just take this lightly and follow the advice of someone whose case we know nothing about? Someone she does not even know?

Here is token of how seriously USCIS takes immigration fraud. https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rele...age-fraud-ring

Interestingly enough, though, the instructions do not support your claim. Here is also a sample interview notice. I do not see anything that resembles what you are saying. http://efilipinowomen.com/wp-content...E-802x1024.png

Please stop misinforming people. This is not the time to be cutting corners and testing with how little evidence we can get approved for a green card, removal of conditions, 10 year green card or naturalization.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-17-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

No, print all documents and organize them using the table of contents out together by Emerald 2020
                      Can you provide me with this table of content?
                      03/20/2018 (Day 1): Marriage AOS / NBC.
                      03/28/2018 (Day 8): USCIS cashed the check.
                      04/05/2018 (Day 16): 4 NOAs.
                      04/13/2018 (Day 24): Sent RFE.
                      04/18/2018 (Day 29): Walked in.
                      04/21/2018 (Day 32): RFE.
                      05/24/2018 (Day 65): RFE response.
                      06/03/2018 (Day 75): Courtesy Letter.
                      08/14/2018 (Day 147): Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                      08/15/2018 (Day 148): EAD is being produced.
                      08/17/2018 (Day 150): EAD was mailed.
                      08/21/2018 (Day 154): EAD and SSN in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by HSH.94 View Post
                        Can you provide me with this table of content?
                        Right here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips

The table put together by Emerald 2020 is your guide. If you do not have that level of evidence, that's fine. You can look through mine, too. We had to get creative. There are plenty of ideas to choose from. It's important to show a continuum. There should be no doubt that you two are building a life together. Don't just show a print out of your health insurance cards. Show premium payments. Show when you added your spouse. Show a print out from each month that shows you and your spouse on the health insurance. While that may seem silly, if you include headers and footers, the printed date and the URL will display. This in turn shows that you didn't just add your spouse right before the interview. It shows it's consistent. Showing evidence can get repetitive. Do not worry about that.

The bar gets raised every time.
                        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-17-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Right here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips

The table put together by Emerald 2020 is your guide. If you do not have that level of evidence, that's fine. You can look through mine, too. We had to get creative. There are plenty of ideas to choose from. It's important to show a continuum. There should be no doubt that you two are building a life together. Don't just show a print out of your health insurance cards. Show premium payments. Show when you added your spouse. Show a print out from each month that shows you and your spouse on the health insurance. While that may seem silly, if you include headers and footers, the printed date and the URL will display. This in turn shows that you didn't just add your spouse right before the interview. It shows it's consistent. Showing evidence can get repetitive. Do not worry about that.

The bar gets raised every time.
                          Understood. Thanks for the explanation.
                          03/20/2018 (Day 1): Marriage AOS / NBC.
                          03/28/2018 (Day 8): USCIS cashed the check.
                          04/05/2018 (Day 16): 4 NOAs.
                          04/13/2018 (Day 24): Sent RFE.
                          04/18/2018 (Day 29): Walked in.
                          04/21/2018 (Day 32): RFE.
                          05/24/2018 (Day 65): RFE response.
                          06/03/2018 (Day 75): Courtesy Letter.
                          08/14/2018 (Day 147): Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                          08/15/2018 (Day 148): EAD is being produced.
                          08/17/2018 (Day 150): EAD was mailed.
                          08/21/2018 (Day 154): EAD and SSN in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by HSH.94 View Post
                            Understood. Thanks for the explanation.
                            I realize you probably have heard me say that before BUT I have to leave as many bread crumbs as I can for those who may be new to this.

Comment

Here are the I-751 instructions for you.
                              its not i751 you are going for... its i485 interview

since you think you know all without even attending interview... sure you can take stacks of docs and keep mindlessly searching for a doc when they are trying to interview you.

i am telling from my actual experience. till you have done your interview ... you can keep your comments to yourself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X