Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply OCI card for US born bay in India through FRRO, H1B to B2 COS

Hello -

I am in dilemma on whether to apply OCI card in USA or in India. Thanks all in Advance, please help me with your knowledge and experience with this scenario I am facing now

I hardly have 60 calendar days from delivery due date to I-94 expiry and I believe that's very less time to get all : SSN, Birth certificate, Passport and OCI card(New York Consulate processing time says 25 to 35 business days).

1) Please suggest me what visa I should apply when I take my new born to India?
    2) Once in India, can I apply for OCI at FRRO, what kind of hardships I have to face?
    3) Will OCI issued in India instead of USA create any future problems as my child will enter India on a Visa and whenever the child leaves India and
    re-enters will it cause any issue during immigration (questions from officers like why you are holding OCI now but Visa in the past etc.,)?
    4) is it good idea to apply for COS from H1B to get B2 on medical grounds(as the baby will be too young to travel) and pending paper work so I can finish all above work as I can afford staying one or two
    additional months without salary
    5) Please suggest good immigration attorney to apply for COS H1B to B2

Thanks all in Advance, please help me with your knowledge or experience with this

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X