Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying F2 visa for spouse with an expired F1 Visa (Visa stamped on passport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying F2 visa for spouse with an expired F1 Visa (Visa stamped on passport)

?My wife is in India and I am planning to schedule her F2 visa interview.

I am currently in the U.S enrolled in a full time masters program and have a valid F1 I-20 (maintaining legal F1 status) and I have got an F2 (dependent) I-20 for my spouse.

I have a problem here.My F1 visa has expired in June 2018. So, will it be a problem for my wife to get an F2 visa approval since my visa is expired.

What are the chances of approval or rejection? Any other alternatives? Please let us know. Inputs and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA.?

Note: The US consulate general of India says on its website ?If dependents are applying for a F2 visa separately without the principal applicant (F1 visa holder), they should carry copies of passport and visa of principal applicant.?

Originally posted by SamJohnson View Post
    ?My wife is in India and I am planning to schedule her F2 visa interview.

I am currently in the U.S enrolled in a full time masters program and have a valid F1 I-20 (maintaining legal F1 status) and I have got an F2 (dependent) I-20 for my spouse.

I have a problem here.My F1 visa has expired in June 2018. So, will it be a problem for my wife to get an F2 visa approval since my visa is expired.

What are the chances of approval or rejection? Any other alternatives? Please let us know. Inputs and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA.?

Note: The US consulate general of India says on its website ?If dependents are applying for a F2 visa separately without the principal applicant (F1 visa holder), they should carry copies of passport and visa of principal applicant.?
    Visa is merely for entry purposes. Your expired F1 visa does not have any bearing on your spouse's F2 visa. What matters is that your F1 status is currently valid (and your I20 is there for that reason).
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X