August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats

I got mine in 4 days...expect it to get by Monday.
    I am creating folder for exhibits..interview in NYC.
    All the best for preparing.
    Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post
    Just wanted to share that our interview has been scheduled! Wishing they included the interview date when they update your case status online. How long does it typically take to receive the interview notice in the mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post
      Just wanted to share that our interview has been scheduled! Wishing they included the interview date when they update your case status online. How long does it typically take to receive the interview notice in the mail?
      Congrats 👏👏👏
      It took about 5 days for me to receive the interview notice (including weekends)
      Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
      Biometric appointment at August 28th
      Finger print review completed at August 29th
      Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
      EAD card on hand at January 10th
      Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

• Waiting...

Any August filers still waiting on Combo Card or EAD notice?

I'm still waiting on news and put in an SR request on Feb 4th, which according to the egov.website hasn't even been processed yet. I'm at my wits end.
        NBC filer
        8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
        8/16/2018: PD
        8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
        9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
        9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
        9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
        12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
        03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
        03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

• Filed in may 2018

I filed in May 2018 for adjustment of status. Have not heard and even checks not encashed. My attorney has not been responding.
          Please help

Comment

• Originally posted by hanuman1968 View Post
            I filed in May 2018 for adjustment of status. Have not heard and even checks not encashed. My attorney has not been responding.
            Please help
            do you have case numbers ?? or not even that?
            Time Line I-485:
            Aug 28, 2018 - Case was received
            Nov 09, 2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            Aug 09, 2019 - Interview was scheduled
            Sep 13, 2019 - Interview was completed
            Sep 25, 2019 - New Card is being Produced
            Sep 26, 2019 - Case was approved
            Sep 27, 2019 - Card was mailed to me

Comment

Please help
              Oh wow the fact that the checks were not cashed is a very bad sign. You should definitely find a way to contact your attorney... s.he sounds like a scam...
              C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
              * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
              * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
              * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
              * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
              * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
              * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
              * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
              * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
              * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
              * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

Please help
                I'm really sorry this is happening to you. That sounds really bad. You should have received notices if the checks were cashed. Did you pay the attorney any fees already? Are you able to visit his/her offices?

If you're in the US, and the person is licensed, you should report them to the Bar Association. In general, and this goes for everyone, you should not work with an attorney that is not currently licensed to practice law, particularly immigration law in the US.
                NBC filer
                8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
                8/16/2018: PD
                8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
                9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
                9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
                9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
                12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
                03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

• Question about tax return 2018 and sponsorship.

Hi can someone please help if they know if I can submit a print out of my 2018 tax return from tax software and submit at the interview? Also my wife does not work and she is the petitioner, I on the other hand work and I am myself included as sponoser... because both our household AGI is above threshold? Do I need to bring any document to show that my wife does not need to sponsor me financially. We have a joint account we been draining out of. Your help regarding this would be helpful

Comment

• Case tracker jumped from new card is being produced on i485 to we mailed your card today. I received SMS of case approval as well.
                    Last edited by Herrlicher; 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Help

Hi
                      My status online changed on Feb6 to "Interview was scheduled " but i didn't receive notice in a mail, i called today and spoke with tier 2 rep (he gave me a date and time) and told me to call 5 days before interview and they will fax me notice because they will not let me into the building without it but i don't know if i should believe them with faxing or emailing documents like that. What should i do? My office in NYC don't accept infopass appt. I can't sleep because of that don't want to miss my interview. Please help me

Comment

• Hi
                        My status online changed on Feb6 to "Interview was scheduled " but i didn't receive notice in a mail, i called today and spoke with tier 2 rep (he gave me a date and time) and told me to call 5 days before interview and they will fax me notice because they will not let me into the building without it but i don't know if i should believe them with faxing or emailing documents like that. What should i do? My office in NYC don't accept infopass appt. I can't sleep because of that don't want to miss my interview. Please help me

Comment

• Originally posted by arcane View Post
                          Hi can someone please help if they know if I can submit a print out of my 2018 tax return from tax software and submit at the interview? Also my wife does not work and she is the petitioner, I on the other hand work and I am myself included as sponoser... because both our household AGI is above threshold? Do I need to bring any document to show that my wife does not need to sponsor me financially. We have a joint account we been draining out of. Your help regarding this would be helpful
                          Any feedback?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Toldiczka View Post
                          Hi
                          Not sure about final interview but I took the faxed fingerprint appointment with me to fingerprint appointment. NYC here too.

Comment

• Originally posted by arcane View Post
                            Yes you have to print your most current taxes they can be printed from tax software that's what i have, and take all bank statements and bills with both your names on it

Comment

• Update:

"Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
                              On February 22, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN **** **** , to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I haven't noticed any August filers mentioning this step. Has anyone else received this? Any idea of what this means?
                              Employment-based AOS (I-140, I-485, I-131, I-765)
                              08-24-18: Case was Received
                              10-10-18: Biometrics appointment
                              10-11-18: I-131 and I-765 approved
                              10-18-18: Combo Card in hand
                              01-31-19: I-140 approved
                              05-09-19: Ready for an Interview
                              05-13-19: Interview is Scheduled
                              06-24-19: Interview
                              06-28-19: Received Green Card

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post

How did the interview go? Which field office?
                                8-24 I-130 was received
                                9-21 PD I-485/I-765
                                10-9 Fingerprint fee received
                                11-2 Bio done
                                1-26 courtesy I-693 medical. Letter dated 1-22
                                1-29 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                                2-1 Received I-797 NOA I-130 Approved. Letter dated 1-28
                                2-4 Case tracker updated to interview was scheduled
                                2-9 Received letter for interview scheduled 3-11
                                2-25 New card is being produced for I-765
                                2-28 Card has been mailed
                                3-2 EAD card received in the mail
                                3-11 Green card in production

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X