Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too long processing time and inquiry

Hello,

I have filed concurrent i140 (NIW) & i485 in May 2017 at Texas Center. At website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/, I can see estimated time range for NIW, i.e. 5 to 7 months. It also indicated "January 25, 2018" as receipt date for a case inquiry. I am about 8 months passed that date. (The status of my case is just pending since May 2017.)

Is it worth filing an inquiry? What negative impact can it have on the processing of my case? Is it possible that my case has been mis-placed or forgotten?

Thank you.
    PS: I had posted the above as a reply to a thread but did not get any answer ... thus this new post.
    ------------------------
    May 2017: Self i140 (EB2 NIW), self (concurrent), spouse and son i485, EAD and AP submitted to Texas Center.
    End of May 2017: Notice of Action regarding submission (pending status).
    End of August 2017: EAD/AP (C9) received.
    Mid January 2018: L1/2 visas expired.
    Mid July 2018: EAD/AP (C9) renewal submission.
    End July 2018: Notice of Action regarding renewal submission
    Early September 2018: Spouse and son renewed EAP/AP (C9) received.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hello,

I have filed concurrent i140 (NIW) & i485 in May 2017 at Texas Center. At website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/, I can see estimated time range for NIW, i.e. 5 to 7 months. It also indicated "January 25, 2018" as receipt date for a case inquiry. I am about 8 months passed that date. (The status of my case is just pending since May 2017.)

Is it worth filing an inquiry? What negative impact can it have on the processing of my case? Is it possible that my case has been mis-placed or forgotten?

Thank you.
    PS: I had posted the above as a reply to a thread but did not get any answer ... thus this new post.
    Yes. Negative impact of an inquiry is merely hearsay. Yes.
    Irrespective of any potential -ve consequences of an inquiry, I would rather have an answer (be it a "No") rather than no answer at all, and hence being in a limbo. I would recommend initiating an inquiry, and at the same time getting your senator involved.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X