What are my chances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my chances?

Ok, you might have heard a lot of stories around here but I really feel I need to confess and speak to someone that could give my some good advice. I am Andrew, a 24 years guy from Romania! My dream is to become a soccer coach and something inside me is telling me that USA is the place for me. I do not know why, it is a feeling, even if It may not lead me to something good. Of course, I read all about immigrating and my only solution seems to be winning the diversity lottery visa. I do not work in a corporation, I am not an IT guy so no one really wants me, I am a police officer and my fiancee is a cook. I am a dreamer but sometimes my morale goes very very down when thinking about my chances of becoming a soccer coach or immigrating to the USA. I started a course to obtain a coach diploma and after that I will apply for Uefa B License (the equivalent of National B License in the USA). The problem is I really do have a lot of questions.... If I surprisingly manage to move to US with my fiancee, what are my chances of becoming a soccer coach? I do not know very much about the system there, do I have to be a high school teacher in order to teach soccer? And how do I become one? It is not like I want to spend 4-5 years in schools only to become a high school teacher...my dream is to be a soccer coach. Are there any private clubs that might hire me? What are my chances?(that if I win the diversity lottery visa). Also, If you are seeing any opportunities for us to leave please tell, I might not have given attention to all kind of visas but I do not see another options other than the lottery... and it is just depressing, because I want to live there not to visit only. What do you say? Not only about football, about my situation.. how do you see things?

Originally posted by thecoach View Post
    Ok, you might have heard a lot of stories around here but I really feel I need to confess and speak to someone that could give my some good advice. I am Andrew, a 24 years guy from Romania! My dream is to become a soccer coach and something inside me is telling me that USA is the place for me. I do not know why, it is a feeling, even if It may not lead me to something good. Of course, I read all about immigrating and my only solution seems to be winning the diversity lottery visa. I do not work in a corporation, I am not an IT guy so no one really wants me, I am a police officer and my fiancee is a cook. I am a dreamer but sometimes my morale goes very very down when thinking about my chances of becoming a soccer coach or immigrating to the USA. I started a course to obtain a coach diploma and after that I will apply for Uefa B License (the equivalent of National B License in the USA). The problem is I really do have a lot of questions.... If I surprisingly manage to move to US with my fiancee, what are my chances of becoming a soccer coach? I do not know very much about the system there, do I have to be a high school teacher in order to teach soccer? And how do I become one? It is not like I want to spend 4-5 years in schools only to become a high school teacher...my dream is to be a soccer coach. Are there any private clubs that might hire me? What are my chances?(that if I win the diversity lottery visa). Also, If you are seeing any opportunities for us to leave please tell, I might not have given attention to all kind of visas but I do not see another options other than the lottery... and it is just depressing, because I want to live there not to visit only. What do you say? Not only about football, about my situation.. how do you see things?
    There are so many other places other than the US where soccer (or football dependent on who you're talking to) is more prevalent. It sounds like you just like the idea of coming to the US, but if you're seriously pursuing the idea of being a coach rather than just coming to the US, then there are many, many other countries you could go to conquer this dream. To name a few, UK, Germany, Brazil, Spain etc, all very, very big on soccer, much more so than the States.

It's very difficult to come to the US when you have no basis for it, i.e. you don't meet any visa requirements. Other places may be a lot easier for you. Remember that Romania is part of the EU, so Europe is open to you.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      There are so many other places other than the US where soccer (or football dependent on who you're talking to) is more prevalent. It sounds like you just like the idea of coming to the US, but if you're seriously pursuing the idea of being a coach rather than just coming to the US, then there are many, many other countries you could go to conquer this dream. To name a few, UK, Germany, Brazil, Spain etc, all very, very big on soccer, much more so than the States.

It's very difficult to come to the US when you have no basis for it, i.e. you don't meet any visa requirements. Other places may be a lot easier for you. Remember that Romania is part of the EU, so Europe is open to you.
      It is true that I would really like to move to US, but I also want to pursue my dream. The thing is I would love to live there, I love the idea, it is not like I could not go somewhere else in EU but I do not see myself for now in other european country. About soccer... that is why I like it, because you get to have good training facilities, because it is relatively new, the popularity is rising quickly and you can express yourself...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X