Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E2 Visa, would TSA Precheck. / Global Entry Denial cause issues with current E2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 Visa, would TSA Precheck. / Global Entry Denial cause issues with current E2?

I currently work in the USA on an E2 Visa, I am interested in enrolling for the TSA Pre-Check due to the amount of travelling I do in the USA.

As a British Citizen I understand that I have to apply for global entry and that the TSA pre-check is a benefit of this.

The background check seems pretty similar to that of an E2 Visa. I have a criminal conviction for Drink Driving back in 1997 in the UK. With regards to the visa, I had to bring an ACRO Certificate and answered a few questions on the 20 year old offence.

My questions are as follows: As my Visa was approved, I assume it is likely global entry will be approved?

Also, my concern is that if I do get denied Global Entry, as maybe the requirements are different; would this have any negative impact on my E2 Visa?

I would just like to clarify before I complete the application as to whether it could cause me any problems and would be better off leaving it .

Many thanks,

I have the answer!

It would not affect it at all.

But out of interest, I was approved for Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check anyway. Whole process took about 6 weeks from application to interview and approval.

Comment

I don't think it would have any negative effects to your E2 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X