F1 VERSUS F2B processing times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 VERSUS F2B processing times

PLEASE PLEASE somebody reply me .my case's priority date is April 2010 . I petitioned when I was a permanent resident, As soon I became a US citizen I wrote letter to NVC and had the category changed to F1, now I noticed that the F2B category is moving much faster than the F1 category. Can I ask again to change my category back to F2B. if answer is YES, PLEASE tell me how?. because F2B now it is about 7 months ahead F1 .i will really appreciate for your advice. THANKS A LOT.

Originally posted by devikaus View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE somebody reply me .my case's priority date is April 2010 . I petitioned when I was a permanent resident, As soon I became a US citizen I wrote letter to NVC and had the category changed to F1, now I noticed that the F2B category is moving much faster than the F1 category. Can I ask again to change my category back to F2B. if answer is YES, PLEASE tell me how?. because F2B now it is about 7 months ahead F1 .i will really appreciate for your advice. THANKS A LOT.
    Yes, you can send a letter to NVC to opt out of upgrading from F2B to F1.

F2B is not that far ahead of F1. In the October visa bulletin, F2B final action dates is only 5 months ahead of F1.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

F2B is not that far ahead of F1. In the October visa bulletin, F2B final action dates is only 5 months ahead of F1.
      thanks for replying . i will wait couple months.

Comment

i have question again.please reply me thanks

Originally posted by newacct View Post

In my case Petitions was filed in APRIL 10, 2012 under F2b. after parent's citizenship asked for move to FI .now F2B is ahead. It is been long waiting time.petition was done when children's were already above 21 yrs old. still they have option to move F2B ? I think they calculate the date under CSPA ACT.

Comment

Oh my God ! F2B is ahead of F1

I am 2 months behind now. current priority date is may 2012. mine is april 2012. i just requested last week to change my category F1 to F2B. i pray if they accepted my request. i will be so glad. F2B jumped feb to may wow.

Comment

Originally posted by devikaus View Post
            I am 2 months behind now. current priority date is may 2012. mine is april 2012. i just requested last week to change my category F1 to F2B. i pray if they accepted my request. i will be so glad. F2B jumped feb to may wow.
            Hi, have you received an answer? I sent a letter to NVC requesting to opt out but no response yet.

I became documentarily qualified and I'm just waiting for the interview to be scheduled. According to NVC I'm in the F2B category, however my mother just became u.s. citizen so I don't know what's going to happen when I get to the interview.

Comment

Move back in F2B guys ASAP if you can. Waited 8 YEARS , Ages

Originally posted by hamsisdom View Post
              Hi, have you received an answer? I sent a letter to NVC requesting to opt out but no response yet.

I became documentarily qualified and I'm just waiting for the interview to be scheduled. According to NVC I'm in the F2B category, however my mother just became u.s. citizen so I don't know what's going to happen when I get to the interview.
              yes yes yes !! i got optioned out now back to f2b . case in NVC. working on AOS, not worth to be a citizen. just wait they will send you email after sending case to NVC, i was so surprised too.

Comment

Hi, l would like to know how much time passed between you requested the opt out F1 to F2B to receive the answer from NVC? Did you attend an interview? If so, that email from NVC was enough to be approved? I am asking because my son probably has to do the same process. TIA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X