September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjg3500 View Post

Yes, this is the process. I don't know anyone's case numbers except my wife's. It doesn't explain why they would process a December application before a September application. That's the frustrating part. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the later filers, just frustrated with USCIS. I am a US citizen and already quite skeptical with the government here to begin with. Haha! Good luck to you.
    Yeah, it is a black box. I wonder why they reviewing some later PD dates before the older ones. That's something that doesn't make sense, although I doubt we can find out. The only guess I have - the different workload of the local offices, so they don't rush with the applications heading to the offices already with a backlog.

Comment

• Originally posted by nana.p View Post

This is very interesting and helpful to know. Thank you very much for providing the insight. Any idea how long it'll take from i485 ready to schedule interview to EAD approved?
      No.. I'm guessing as above it might to do something with the workload of the local offices. However, it still a back box we might never know.
      In my case, it took them 4 months to issue me an RFE on i485, to which I responded very quickly. It was a copy of original birth certificate, which was overlooked as it was in original package, stapled with translation on top of it.
      When I spoke with officer yesterday about info pass appointment on EAD, which they didn't schedule , he was referring to this RFE, that my I485 has to be complete in order for them to take action on i765. So I asked him, if I485 has to be complete, why didn't they took any action on it for 4 months? He didn't have anything to say on that His response was that these applications are reviewed in different locations by completely different officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perifona View Post

No.. I'm guessing as above it might to do something with the workload of the local offices. However, it still a back box we might never know.
        In my case, it took them 4 months to issue me an RFE on i485, to which I responded very quickly. It was a copy of original birth certificate, which was overlooked as it was in original package, stapled with translation on top of it.
        When I spoke with officer yesterday about info pass appointment on EAD, which they didn't schedule , he was referring to this RFE, that my I485 has to be complete in order for them to take action on i765. So I asked him, if I485 has to be complete, why didn't they took any action on it for 4 months? He didn't have anything to say on that His response was that these applications are reviewed in different locations by completely different officers.
        I don't think the EAD has anything to do with the local offices though...
        C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
        * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
        * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
        * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
        * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
        * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
        * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
        * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
        * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
        * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
        * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post

Yes. I was referring to i485 in my post. It seem like they won't take any action on EAD before they review your i485.
          Last edited by Perifona; 04-02-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post

I think what Perifona means is that they need to verify that you qualify to apply with the i485 and once that's verified then that you also qualify to apply for the EAD. And, that possibly the verification of the i485 is held up due to backlog at the local field offices. For example, I applied at National Benefits Center. My local field office gives an estimate of 18-24 months before an interview. So, before NBC can process the i765 and/or the i131 they need to verify the i485. But, my local field office may be asking for NBC to slow down until they can work through a certain number of cases first. And, because my field office is behind, NBC will doesn't even look at the application until the field office has given the ok. I don't know if this is true or not, but I think this is what Perifona meant, and it's not really beyond the realm of possibility. Some field offices are getting through the entire green card process in 4-6 months. We should've moved near one of those offices!
            Marriage to USC, B2 Visitor AOS filed at NBC
            Concurrent i485, i130, i765, i131
            9/27/2018: RD/PD
            10/2/2018: Fingerprint Fee
            10/4/2018: Notice Date all
            10/12/2018: Bio Notice Date
            10/29/2018: Bio Appt
            2/7/2019: i693 Courtesy Letter date
            3/12/2019: i485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
            5/3/2019: second i765 Out of normal processing time SR
            5/15/2019: raised ombudsman SR
            5/20/2019: EAD was mailed day 235

Comment

• Originally posted by mjg3500 View Post

I think what Perifona means is that they need to verify that you qualify to apply with the i485 and once that's verified then that you also qualify to apply for the EAD. And, that possibly the verification of the i485 is held up due to backlog at the local field offices. For example, I applied at National Benefits Center. My local field office gives an estimate of 18-24 months before an interview. So, before NBC can process the i765 and/or the i131 they need to verify the i485. But, my local field office may be asking for NBC to slow down until they can work through a certain number of cases first. And, because my field office is behind, NBC will doesn't even look at the application until the field office has given the ok. I don't know if this is true or not, but I think this is what Perifona meant, and it's not really beyond the realm of possibility. Some field offices are getting through the entire green card process in 4-6 months. We should've moved near one of those offices!
              I see, thanks. I guess that is why my case got "ready to be scheduled for an interview" only 4 months after applying! (I am in NY)
              C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
              * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
              * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
              * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
              * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
              * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
              * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
              * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
              * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
              * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
              * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• It's been 10 days since I requested expedited EAD. Should I give them a call?
                AOS from F1, spouse of USC - Seattle, WA
                I-485 + I-130 + I-765
                10/20/2018: packet sent
                10/24/2018: PD
                10/31/2018: 3 texts received
                11/05/2018: 3 NOAs received
                11/14/2018: bio appt letter received
                11/21/2018: Bio appt
                12/05/2018: Fingerprint review completed
                03/05/2019: RFIE for I-130
                03/14/2019: RFIE received by USCIS
                03/29/2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                04/02/2019: got I-693
                06/04/2019: EAD card being produced

Comment

It's been 10 days since I requested expedited EAD. Should I give them a call?
                  Have you received any response from them? like asking for proof ?
                  I would recommend giving them a call and ask to speak for L2 officer(do not waste your time with L1)
                  when speaking to L2 officer tell them the reason for the expedite and that you have documents support your request
                  F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                  10/3/2018 Biometric
                  10/4/2018 we are processing the fingerprints for your Form I-765
                  10/11/2018 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                  3/14/2019 New Card Is Being Produced
                  3/15/2019 I-131 Case Was Approved
                  3/21/2019 Card was received

Comment

• I have q question about documents to bring interview day:

Unfortunate We couldn't find My Wife's ( petitioner) birth certificate original copy. Is there any problem if we bring copy of that to interview day?

AOS F1 - based on marriage to US citizen
                    Concurrent filling of 485 765 130
                    Case received : 09/07/2018
                    Bio-metric; 10/05/2018
                    address change: 10/10/2018
                    RFE for affidavit of support: 01/22/2019
                    RFE received: 02/19/2019
                    Inquire about a case outside normal processing time posted online (currently not assigned for processing.)02/25/2019
                    Waiting for EAD
                    Case is ready for Interview :03/11/2019
                    Info pass to field office( no outcome from there) :03/12/2019
                    Interview Was Scheduled:03/12/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by tbka View Post
                      I have q question about documents to bring interview day:

Unfortunate We couldn't find My Wife's ( petitioner) birth certificate original copy. Is there any problem if we bring copy of that to interview day?
                      Is your wife USC? Bring the copy for sure and explain if they ask. My husband didnt have his birth certificate at the interview bc it got stolen, he did apply for new copy but it didnt deliver by the interview day, so we brought the confirmation saying that we did apply for new one. Luckily the IO didnt ask for it, just ask for his passport and driver license to confirm the identity.

I think the worst is they would give you an RFE after the interview if the IO requests to see it

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaPHX View Post

Have you received any response from them? like asking for proof ?
                        I would recommend giving them a call and ask to speak for L2 officer(do not waste your time with L1)
                        when speaking to L2 officer tell them the reason for the expedite and that you have documents support your request
                        I haven't received anything other than an email that said they got my request and are working on it. Maybe I'll have to talk to a L2 officer then ;( it's just I feel bad and awkward asking L1 officer to transfer me to L2 lol
                        AOS from F1, spouse of USC - Seattle, WA
                        I-485 + I-130 + I-765
                        10/20/2018: packet sent
                        10/24/2018: PD
                        10/31/2018: 3 texts received
                        11/05/2018: 3 NOAs received
                        11/14/2018: bio appt letter received
                        11/21/2018: Bio appt
                        12/05/2018: Fingerprint review completed
                        03/05/2019: RFIE for I-130
                        03/14/2019: RFIE received by USCIS
                        03/29/2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                        04/02/2019: got I-693
                        06/04/2019: EAD card being produced

Comment

• PD 21st of September and still waiting for EAD !!

Comment

I haven't received anything other than an email that said they got my request and are working on it. Maybe I'll have to talk to a L2 officer then ;( it's just I feel bad and awkward asking L1 officer to transfer me to L2 lol
                            Call them and ask to speak with L2 and tell him/her that you havent heard anything yet and once you hear from them to send the support documents send them to the fax number with the email they sent you. Wait few days and call asking if they received your evidence, L1 they will transfer you to L2 because they do not have access to that kind of info
                            F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                            10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

• Originally posted by SmJuly2018 View Post
                              PD 21st of September and still waiting for EAD !!
                              Be patient my friend, it will come soon
                              F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                              10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

• Petitioner: Wife - That's me! (US citizen)
                                Beneficiary: Husband (German, entered US with VWP)

Field Office: Spokane, Washington
                                Marriage date: July 7, 2017 in Denmark (Had been dating since 2012)
                                Application Submitted: September 13, 2018
                                Priority Date: September 17, 2018
                                Request for Initial Evidence: October 19, 2018, Evidence submitted on January 4, 2019
                                Bio-metric Appointment: October 30, 2018
                                EAD Received: February 25, 2019
                                Interview Date: March 5, 2019
                                Green Card Approved: Day of Interview
                                Green Card Received: March 13, 2019

We had a very straightforward process that I actually think would have been even faster if I had submitted the RFE sooner. Good luck to all of you still going through the process!
                                Marriage based AOS -- Spokane, WA
                                Filed I 130, I 485, and I 765

09/17/18 - PD
                                10/12/18 - Bio Notice
                                10/19/18 - RFIE Request
                                10/30/18 - Bio completed
                                01/07/19 - USCIS Received RFIE
                                01/29/19 - Scheduled for Interview
                                03/05/19 - Interview Date

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X