September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

I have never contributed to this forum but have been a silent reader for almost a year. Just figured I would give an update on our experience, to help those in need.

Norfolk, VA Field Office.
    Filed: I-485, I-131, I-765, I-130.
    Marriage: 2017, USC wife petitioning husband

PD: 9/19/18.
    Biometrics: 10/10/18.
    Ready to Schedule Interview: 1/24/2019.
    Scheduled: 4/1/2019.
    EAD Approval: 4/23/2019.
    EAD in Hand: 4/30/2019.
    Interview: 5/09/2019.
    I-130 Approval: 5/10/2019.
    RFE (expired medical): 5/10/2019.
    RFE Response Filed: 5/22/2019.
    I-485 Card in Production: 5/24/2019.

Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by chicko_2017 View Post
      Hello all!

I have never contributed to this forum but have been a silent reader for almost a year. Just figured I would give an update on our experience, to help those in need.

Norfolk, VA Field Office.
      Filed: I-485, I-131, I-765, I-130.
      Marriage: 2017, USC wife petitioning husband

PD: 9/19/18.
      Biometrics: 10/10/18.
      Ready to Schedule Interview: 1/24/2019.
      Scheduled: 4/1/2019.
      EAD Approval: 4/23/2019.
      EAD in Hand: 4/30/2019.
      Interview: 5/09/2019.
      I-130 Approval: 5/10/2019.
      RFE (expired medical): 5/10/2019.
      RFE Response Filed: 5/22/2019.
      I-485 Card in Production: 5/24/2019.

Best of luck to all!
      Congrats!!! Best of luck to you and your spouse!

Comment

• Interview coming up next week (6/6), table of contents ready, documents ready to be printed, pictures printed and put in a photo book, touchbase with my laywer done ... READY TO GO!!

Will let you know how it goes ...

P.S. I have an international trip planned for late July-early August, so I'll have to ask about that to the officer, to see if I can get a stamp or what else ...

Newark NJ office, 9/14 filer.
        Adjusting from H1-B (previous F1, CPT, OPT) married to USC, New Jersey

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

9/14 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
        9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
        9/28 - Biometrics Notice
        10/12 - Biometrics Done (Elizabeth, NJ)
        10/15 - Fingerprint review completed
        10/17 - Case is ready to schedule an interview
        3/15 - EAD Card in production!!!
        3/18 - AP approved
        3/22 - EAD Card in hand!
        4/24 - Interview scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by divemaster View Post
          Interview coming up next week (6/6), table of contents ready, documents ready to be printed, pictures printed and put in a photo book, touchbase with my laywer done ... READY TO GO!!

Will let you know how it goes ...

P.S. I have an international trip planned for late July-early August, so I'll have to ask about that to the officer, to see if I can get a stamp or what else ...

Newark NJ office, 9/14 filer.
          Hi Divemaster,

how did you prepare the table of contents? did you organize them in a binder? whole punched? or just on a plastic sleeve? did you make copies? i was thinking of bring 2 folders, 1 original and 1 photocopies. I dont know if that would be too much.

Comment

• Anybody here filing from NASHVILLE field office?
            Nashville Field Office
            PD: Oct 22 2018
            Bio: Nov 23 2018
            Did not apply for AP
            Case status: i-485 case is ready to be schedule for an interview (dec 5)
            Case status: i-130 case received (oct 29)
            Case status: i-765 case received (oct 29)

Comment

• Originally posted by aq090418 View Post

Hi Divemaster,

how did you prepare the table of contents? did you organize them in a binder? whole punched? or just on a plastic sleeve? did you make copies? i was thinking of bring 2 folders, 1 original and 1 photocopies. I dont know if that would be too much.
              for the table of contents I used some examples I found on this site, and I adjusted it with what I think it was more appropriate for our case. I already submitted substantial docs with my application, so I'm going to supplement that with some docs I didn't have before (ex. tax return, etc.)

Not sure what you mean with originals. 99% of the stuff I'm bringing is printed on-line (tax return, bank statements, bills ... I'm 100% paperless), so it's all "original" and they can keep everything if they need. Only docs I made copies of are the marriage certificate and my birth certificate, so that I can keep the original with me if they need a copy. Hope this helps

9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
              9/28 - Biometrics Notice
              3/18 - AP approved
              3/22 - EAD Card in hand!

Comment

• Today is interview day!! wish me luck!!

9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                9/28 - Biometrics Notice
                3/18 - AP approved
                3/22 - EAD Card in hand!

Comment

Today is interview day!! wish me luck!!
                  Best of luck

Comment

Best of luck ! Please if you can share your experience after

Comment

Best of luck! Please keep us posted how it goes.

Comment

• Good luck
                        GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
                        October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
                        november 21st - fingerprints taken
                        march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                        may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                        june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
                        june 13- new card in production

Comment

• just got approved at the interview, Thank God
                          PD 21 September
                          Good Luck to everyone

Comment

• Done!

We didn't get approval on the spot (bummer!), the officer handed us the paper saying that "Your case is being held for review ... no further information needed ... bla bla bla" ... so we'll see what happens, of course no need to stress out. We would have loved to be approved right there (I had a restaurant picked already lol), but oh well.

Interestingly, she mentioned that "it'll take up to 30 days", and then corrected herself mentioning the standard "120 days".
                            My wife caught the same vibe, so we'll see what happens.
                            Maybe it's just a matter of her inputting the data in the system, as happened to other people here who got the text the next day.
                            The office had 200+ people at 2pm waiting (our was at 2:15pm), and the officer told us that we were "luckily" the last ones, so I guess she wanted to get out of there as much as we did

The interview went as expected, no surprises. Went over some questions on the applications, yes/no, asked about our cars, parents-in-law names, what trips we took together, what did we do for our first anniversary, where do we work and the name of each other's employers, how many people at the wedding, honeymoon, and I think that's about it. 20 minutes in and out.
                            I had a binder with me, she asked me what I wanted to give her, I gave her everything that was on the interview notice and that we did not submit originally (tax return as married, W2s, pay stubs, employer' statements, original birth certificate and original SSNs). I also gave her the original wedding certificate, she double checked it was the same as the one we sent, did the same for the passports and few more things, and that's about it. She then took probably 10 pictures from the album, but I am not sure which one as I was busy putting away the documents. Ah, she was pleased about the table of contents ("Did you make THAT?!?").

I'll keep you all posted!

Congrats to MariaBondo for getting approval on the spot!

9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                            9/28 - Biometrics Notice
                            3/18 - AP approved
                            3/22 - EAD Card in hand!

Comment

Done!

We didn't get approval on the spot (bummer!), the officer handed us the paper saying that "Your case is being held for review ... no further information needed ... bla bla bla" ... so we'll see what happens, of course no need to stress out. We would have loved to be approved right there (I had a restaurant picked already lol), but oh well.

Interestingly, she mentioned that "it'll take up to 30 days", and then corrected herself mentioning the standard "120 days".
                              My wife caught the same vibe, so we'll see what happens.
                              Maybe it's just a matter of her inputting the data in the system, as happened to other people here who got the text the next day.
                              The office had 200+ people at 2pm waiting (our was at 2:15pm), and the officer told us that we were "luckily" the last ones, so I guess she wanted to get out of there as much as we did

The interview went as expected, no surprises. Went over some questions on the applications, yes/no, asked about our cars, parents-in-law names, what trips we took together, what did we do for our first anniversary, where do we work and the name of each other's employers, how many people at the wedding, honeymoon, and I think that's about it. 20 minutes in and out.
                              I had a binder with me, she asked me what I wanted to give her, I gave her everything that was on the interview notice and that we did not submit originally (tax return as married, W2s, pay stubs, employer' statements, original birth certificate and original SSNs). I also gave her the original wedding certificate, she double checked it was the same as the one we sent, did the same for the passports and few more things, and that's about it. She then took probably 10 pictures from the album, but I am not sure which one as I was busy putting away the documents. Ah, she was pleased about the table of contents ("Did you make THAT?!?").

I'll keep you all posted!

Congrats to MariaBondo for getting approval on the spot!
                              Thank you for sharing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted when you get an update!

Comment

• CARD IN PRODUCTION!!! 4:45am text!!

I-130 still shows "Under review" but who who cares!!

Too early to pop a bottle I guess? Haha

9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                                9/28 - Biometrics Notice
                                3/18 - AP approved
                                3/22 - EAD Card in hand!

Comment