September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theLA View Post

which field office did you go for Interview ?
    Los Angeles

Comment

• Originally posted by bb_9964 View Post
      aq090418 we had a very very similar experience!

I filed in 09/04/18 as well, my interview was ALSO in LA on 06/07/19!

Got approved on the spot as well, super nice interviewer and everyone there was very friendly!

I also followed the Table of Contents but my interviewer actually didn't even take a look. Also only asked us 3 questions other than the yes/no questions in the back of the documents! He just told me to pick out 4 photos I liked as extra evidence and said that we had already submitted more than enough evidence initially while filing to prove our marriage as bonafide.

Super grateful and excited for my card to come in the mail!
      My app hasnt updated yet and its still stuck at Interview scheduled. Hoping they mail it out asap and ill have it in my hands. That will be the day LOL

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

Any September filers still waiting for their EADs?

264 days and counting here.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------
        J1 Married to USC
        Filing center: National Benefits center

PD: Sept 20 2018
        Fingerprinting notice: Oct 1 2018
        Fingerprinting accepted: Oct 9 2018
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview: Feb 11 2018
        Filed for Outside of Normal processing time I-765: March 28 2019
        Escalate to Tier 2 Officer and 2nd Outside Normal processing time I-765: April 29 2019
        Filed for Outside of Normal processing time I-131: April 29 2019
        Expedite request on May 10th 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre49 View Post
          Hi Everyone,

Any September filers still waiting for their EADs?

264 days and counting here.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------
          J1 Married to USC
          Filing center: National Benefits center

Escalate to Tier 2 Officer and 2nd Outside Normal processing time I-765: April 29 2019
          I’m a October filer and hate to see posts like this. I rang this morning to expedite my case. They told me they currently working in the 17th October files. It’s looks like u have tried to slit to get your card. What r they saying when you ring?? What was your reason to expedite??
          GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
          October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
          november 21st - fingerprints taken
          march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
          may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
          june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
          june 13- new card in production

Comment

• Green Card mailed!!!! Almost through the finish line!!!
            Adjusting from H1-B (previous F1, CPT, OPT) married to USC, New Jersey

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

9/14 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
            9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
            9/28 - Biometrics Notice
            10/12 - Biometrics Done (Elizabeth, NJ)
            10/15 - Fingerprint review completed
            10/17 - Case is ready to schedule an interview
            3/15 - EAD Card in production!!!
            3/18 - AP approved
            3/22 - EAD Card in hand!
            4/24 - Interview scheduled

Comment

• Case tracker update: Green Card mailed!

Comment

• I've never posted on this group before but I'd like to thank everyone who has ever contributed here. You guys have never made me feel alone in the process. My case is approved on the spot today at the LA field office.

If I have one tip to share, make sure your photos involve the couple taking photos with different age groups. You may also want to make sure that you know the definition of keywords/vocabularies in the yes/no session. The officer may suddenly quiz you.
                Good luck to all of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

I’m a October filer and hate to see posts like this. I rang this morning to expedite my case. They told me they currently working in the 17th October files. It’s looks like u have tried to slit to get your card. What r they saying when you ring?? What was your reason to expedite??
                  Hi Sabrina,

Actually, we received a notice last night that EAD Card was now in production. We expedited the AP because we wanted to go out of country to see my grandfather after his heart surgery. Ultimately, it didn't change anything and my wife had to stay in the US while I returned to our home country to see him (I am a dual citizen). Calling them doesn't do anything.

Hoping that my EAD/AP get processed quickly so that we can start having a normal life again.

I will keep posting until the end of the process.

EAD in Production: June 11th 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre49 View Post

Hi Sabrina,

Actually, we received a notice last night that EAD Card was now in production. We expedited the AP because we wanted to go out of country to see my grandfather after his heart surgery. Ultimately, it didn't change anything and my wife had to stay in the US while I returned to our home country to see him (I am a dual citizen). Calling them doesn't do anything.

Hoping that my EAD/AP get processed quickly so that we can start having a normal life again.

I will keep posting until the end of the process.

EAD in Production: June 11th 2019
                    sorry to hear that she didn’t get to go back home to see ur dad. But delighted that you r seeing movement now. My husband is also dual hope that is not a reason for there slowness. I have flight booked for next month to go home for my sisters wedding. Fingers crossed I get word soon.

GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
                    October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
                    november 21st - fingerprints taken
                    march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                    may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                    june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
                    june 13- new card in production

Comment

• Green Card ON HAND!!!!!! FINALLY OVER!!!!
                      Adjusting from H1-B (previous F1, CPT, OPT) married to USC, New Jersey

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

9/14 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                      9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                      9/28 - Biometrics Notice
                      10/12 - Biometrics Done (Elizabeth, NJ)
                      10/15 - Fingerprint review completed
                      10/17 - Case is ready to schedule an interview
                      3/15 - EAD Card in production!!!
                      3/18 - AP approved
                      3/22 - EAD Card in hand!
                      4/24 - Interview scheduled

Comment

• Congrats divemaster!!!!

Comment

• Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share with everybody who is still waiting for their adjustment of status to be approved my husband's timeline and interview experience:

Washington DC field office; residence in Woodbridge, VA
                          Filed: I-765, I-485, I-130, I-102
                          Marriage based to US citizen AOS, B2 (visa overstay for 26 years)
                          Married for 13 years, together for 20 years, 2 children together

PD:9/27/18
                          Biometrics: 11/1/18 (Alexandria, VA)
                          Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 3/12/19 (this was the first update that we received since the biometrics...no updates regarding fingerprinting processed, nothing at all)
                          I-765 approved: 3/18/19
                          I-765 NOA in the mail:3/21/19
                          * I called USCIS twice because we never received a notice that my husband's EAD card was sent to production after we received the I-765 notice. I initially called after 2 weeks and they told me that the card can take 30 days to be sent to production. Then I called on 4/18/19 (a month after approval) and the representative opened a service request.
                          Service request opened for I-765: 4/18/19
                          Card was sent to production: 4/22/19
                          Card was mailed: 4/25/19
                          Card arrived in the mail 4/29/19 (It took my husband 40 days after we received the I-765 NOA approval to get his actual EAD card and we didn't even request a travel authorization. It looks like someone at USCIS dropped the ball and forgot to send his EAD to production)
                          Notice that interview was scheduled: 5/8/19
                          Interview scheduled date: 6/12/19

We arrived at the USCIS office in Fairfax, VA early and went through security with no problems. Once inside we waited for about an hour before being called in. The USCIS female officer was very polite and cordial. During the interview she asked me (US citizen) about my employment, how long we lived in our house, and if my husband had been included in the deed of our house after the AOS was filled. She began addressing both of us questions regarding our kids, their names, whether or not they were born in the US, if we had prior kids from prior relationships, if we had prior marriages. She then began asking my husband the list of questions listed in the AOS form, regarding criminal history, affiliations, etc. The only thing he replied yes were the two questions regarding working without employment authorization and violating the terms of his immigrant visa (he has always worked without authorization in the US). She asked about his parents and whether or not his parents were still living in our home country. She also asked how my husband entered the US and where he arrived. She asked twice if he had ever left after entering the first time and he denied (he entered the country 26 years ago on a tourist visa to do a technical training and overstayed his visa).

Later on, she asked briefly how we met and when we got married (we have been married for almost 14 years and we have been together for 20 years). She asked my husband where he works and confirmed what he does for a living. She looked into his file and through the pictures I had submitted. She made some small talk about a previous trip we took and was very cordial towards the whole interview. We never felt that she was rude or doubtful about what we were saying. She never asked for any paperwork from us and I volunteered the papers/additional proof that I had, such as car insurance, bank statements, deed, previous plane tickets, credit card statements, 401k. The only thing that she requested was the original birth certificates for myself, my husband, our passports, our two children’s birth certificate, and my naturalization paper. She asked if my husband has always been listed as my beneficiary in my 401K and if he was listed under my health insurance and I explained that he and our kids are all listed under my health insurance.

As she was reviewing the paperwork and was about to be done, she informed us that the I130 was going to be approved and that she would review the I485 file before submitting for approval. She asked what our plans was going to be for the summer and I informed her that it was pending on my husband’s I485 approval to know whether or not we would be able to travel back home. She asked if we had not applied for the travel authorization and I denied, stating that we were concerned about him leaving the country just with the travel authorization and risking not being allowed to enter the US back and she reported she understood our concerns. As she was almost done interviewing us and reviewing our files, she asked us why it took “so long” for us to apply for my husband’s AOS since we have been married for almost 14 years and I explained to her that I obtained my AOS through employment and it took me 8 years to obtain it. After obtaining my green card I had to wait for 5 more years to apply for my citizenship and I informed her that I only applied for my husband in September 2018 right after I obtained my citizenship. She stated that it made sense. She wished us a good summer and informed us that after I received the update online that the I485 was approved, it should take a couple of weeks to have the card in hand. She stated that they are not the ones who produce the card and they have no control over the card production, which is the reason the officers say a couple of weeks.

We left the USCIS office around 12pm and I received an update online at 2:20pm stating that the I131 was approved. Then, at 2:50pm I received another update regarding the I485 stating that ‘new card is being produced”. I haven’t received a tracking number yet, but I know that it takes about 3 days or so for the card to be mailed.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and the officer was very cordial, pleasant, and professional. I was more worried and concerned than my husband throughout this whole process, as my husband has been out of status since 1993, but I believe it definitely helps the fact that we have been together for so long and our children are 12yo and 7yo. We have a long history together with a lot of paperwork to prove our marital status.

I wanted to thank everybody in this forum for sharing their experiences and timelines, as it has helped me a lot during our waiting period. Overall, it took us 9 months from beginning to end to have the whole process approved. I wish everybody luck and patience during this process????

Comment

• Originally posted by MariaBondo View Post
                            just got approved at the interview, Thank God
                            PD 21 September
                            Good Luck to everyone
                            Congrats MariaBondo! We also had our interview yesterday at the Fairfax VA office and got approved as well Glad to see that people at the Fairfax office are having their interviews scheduled relatively quickly and that we don't have to wait the estimated timeline of 8 to 18 month listed on the USCIS website. best of luck to you and congratulations again

Comment

• u guys already had Green Card???
                              what's wrong with Norfolk VA field office?
                              no interview date yet!!!!! PD: Sep 20, 2018
                              Last edited by volkanic; 06-14-2019, 02:20 AM.
                              F-1 Student married to US citizen, concurrent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765,
                              =========================================
                              20-SEP-2018: PD (sent from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
                              2-OCT-2018: Change of Address AR-11 (moved to Virginia with wife)
                              30-OCT-2018: Biometrics done
                              30-JAN-2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                              15-FEB-2019: Case Was Approved (I-765 approval letter)
                              23-FEB-2019: EAD in hand
                              5-MAR-2019: SSN in hand

Comment

• My PD was 09/04/19
                                My interview was on 06/07/19

I got approved on the spot and my green card arrived in the mail today!
                                YAY its finally over!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X