Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by volkanic View Post

u guys already had Green Card???
    what's wrong with Norfolk VA field office?
    no interview date yet!!!!! PD: Sep 20, 2018
    We are in the northern VA area, so the timeframe between our office in the Washington DC/Fairfax, VA area might be a little different than Norfolk, VA. Has your status changed to ready to schedule interview online at least?

Comment

• Originally posted by nady View Post

We are in the northern VA area, so the timeframe between our office in the Washington DC/Fairfax, VA area might be a little different than Norfolk, VA. Has your status changed to ready to schedule interview online at least?
      Hi Nady,

In my case, u think my field office is Washington DC/Fairfax, VA or Norfolk, VA?
      I am now living in Richmond, VA with my wife.
      F-1 Student married to US citizen, concurrent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765,
      =========================================
      20-SEP-2018: PD (sent from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
      2-OCT-2018: Change of Address AR-11 (moved to Virginia with wife)
      30-OCT-2018: Biometrics done
      30-JAN-2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
      15-FEB-2019: Case Was Approved (I-765 approval letter)
      23-FEB-2019: EAD in hand
      5-MAR-2019: SSN in hand

Comment

• Guys, I got my Greencard yesterday morning! So happy I was waiting for the mailman by our mailbox!lol

Now time to Update my SS and Drivers License and then I will prepare to submit for Naturalization!

Best of Luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artemiss View Post
          Guys, I got my Greencard yesterday morning! So happy I was waiting for the mailman by our mailbox!lol

Now time to Update my SS and Drivers License and then I will prepare to submit for Naturalization!

Best of Luck everyone!
          do i have to update my SS and Drivers License? Are they changing anything. My drivers license doesnt expire not until next year. Please let me know.

Appreciate it!

Comment

• Hi, I updated my SS card to remove “valid for work only with DHS authorization” restriction (it’s free anyway) and also my drivers license to remove a “federal restrictions” on it. It’s beneficial for jobs you’ll be applying for as you wont be limited to certain jobs and also for drivers, well I just want It to show that I’m a lawful permanent resident in case a cop stop me and scan my card.lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Artemiss View Post
              Hi, I updated my SS card to remove “valid for work only with DHS authorization” restriction (it’s free anyway) and also my drivers license to remove a “federal restrictions” on it. It’s beneficial for jobs you’ll be applying for as you wont be limited to certain jobs and also for drivers, well I just want It to show that I’m a lawful permanent resident in case a cop stop me and scan my card.lol
              So i just go to DMV and SS office and theyll be able to give me new cards regardless if my Driver License hasnt expired? just bring the GC?

That makes sense! I didnt even notice i had wording on my EAD and drivers license before LOL

Comment

• *sigh*
                My U.S. citizen sister petitioned for my mom back in September, who submitted her I-485 through 245i. She had her interview last week on Wednesday at the L.A. office and her case was held for review so we're just waiting on a decision. I've been checking her case status for any update, but her status is still stuck at "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." Has anyone had issues with not getting updates on their case via the case status link? I've been on edge since. lol
                Case and biometrics fee was received by USCIS: 08/24/2018
                Bio appointment received scheduled for 11/07: 10/27/18
                Biometrics taken: 11/07/18
                Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 11/21/18
                Fingerprint Review was completed: 11/27/2018
                Interview was scheduled: 01/03/19
                Interview scheduled for 02/13/19
                I-765 Case Approved Update: 01/24/19
                Card was mailed out: 01/25/19

Comment

• For the SSA just show them your GC. For drivers, it depends on your DMV what requirements they need, mine asked for my ss card, GC, 2 utility bills and a fee for new card.

Comment

• Originally posted by volkanic View Post

Hi Nady,

In my case, u think my field office is Washington DC/Fairfax, VA or Norfolk, VA?
                    I am now living in Richmond, VA with my wife.

I believe your field office is Norfolk not Fairfax, VA. There was another reader here in this forum that his field office was originally Fairfax, VA, but then he moved to Norfolk and his case was transferred there and he had to wait for the Norfolk field office to schedule his interview. Maybe your case was a little delayed because of your move in October...I have no idea...That reader that I mentioned, his PD was also in September and he had his interview not too long ago, so maybe your case will change online soon. I wish you the best of luck

Comment

• My husband just got his green card in hand exactly a week after the interview. Interview on 6/12/19 and received green card 6/19/19. Best of luck to all that are still waiting! This forum has been very helpful to me to see other people's timeframe, so thank you to all of you who share your timeframes with the rest of us

Comment

• Got my Green card last week Saturday, how long do y’all think my ss would arrive in the mail .
                        i never got EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Zimma View Post
                          Got my Green card last week Saturday, how long do y’all think my ss would arrive in the mail .
                          i never got EAD
                          Maybe if you didn't get EAD then the information for SS was not sent. I think you should go to your local SS office to check if they have something. Be prepared to give them the necessary documents.
                          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                          ---
                          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• I’d go to the ss office Monday..What are the necessary docs you think they’d ask for

Comment

• Originally posted by Zimma View Post
                              I’d go to the ss office Monday..What are the necessary docs you think they’d ask for
                              Reading this page: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm your GC should be enough but is better to bring 2 IDs (GC and passport or drivers license).
                              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                              ---
                              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I am looking for any of you having the same situation with me.
                                my case is ready to be schedule since Oct 11 2018 it means 250+ days ago. However I just checked on Case Tracker and Egov.uscis.gov, both said Case is ready to be schedule on June 25 2019. There is no notification or updated sending me. myaccount.uscis.gov still shows Oct 11.
                                Does it mean there was someone who touched my case or is that just an error from system?

my timeline is my signature.
                                Category: F2B - SF FO
                                PD 09/10/2012: i-130
                                09/14/2018: i485, 765, 131
                                10/11/2018: i-485 ready to be sche.
                                10/15/2018: OPT Expires
                                10/21/2018: i-765 approved
                                USPS lost my EAD's mail
                                10/22/2018: Int canceled (dkw)
                                10/31/2018: i-765 & 131 approved
                                11/01/2018: reissue EAD
                                01/02/2019: enter the US by using AP
                                06/14/2019: Renew I765 & i131
                                06/17/2019: USCIS received
                                06/20/2019: sms
                                08/20/2019: sms schedule for int
                                09/23/2019: interview date at SJ FO
                                being held for review, s "interview was schedule"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X